Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SAME PAIN OPPOSITE SIDE

Can anyone shed some light on my problem as iv had a emergency disectomy L4/L5 and decompression a few month back it has left me with caudia equine syndrome and has to date shown no signs in myself getting better in any way at all. Although i am now starting to get to grips with the impact and life altering change i am also experiencing exactly the same pains in my right side as i did in my left but has reached the same agonising stage in less than a third of the time. My operation has left me with no control over my bowels or bladder and has left me with little or no feeling from my knees down and around my ass or my genitals which i have found very hard to deal with and has caused myself to want to withdraw even further from any kind of social life or life at all making my partner and my children suffer as a result in my depression. However what mobility i did have was restricted to say the least and at first i put the pains and numbness down to the after effects of my op until recently when again my legs gave way but it was due to the chronic unbearable pain that just started out of nowhere in my ass running all the way down to my ankle, the burning and twisting feeling had began in my right side and is getting worse by the day and i feel i cant complain or say anything to my family or doctors im pissed off with feeling so shit day in and day out we all thought i would be hunky doorey and no worse or so the surgeon said so i feel a hinderence to all. Hmmmm really didnt want this to be a moaning feelin sorry for myself kinda post but its starting to look that way so ill just ask if anyone has experienced the new right leg intense pains after surgery and if so can they offer some advice or point me in the direction of whats causing this as i am struggling to keep my chin up and accept the whole life changing crap all over again. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully reply Darryl
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry for all you've been through. I had ALIF L4L5S1 on march 13th and I started doing good and now im having real bad pain down the other leg, butt and foot. I called my surgeon and I have to see him Friday.I will be so upset if I have to go through another surgery.I will let you no what I find out .You should talk to your dr again.Stay strong and don't give up.We are here to support each other. kathy
    Kathy B
  • yeah got an appointment on the 3rd to see my consultant so will see what they have to say then although last time i seen him all i got from it was it might not ever get any better it could be permenant Hmmph :-0
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 05/24/2013 - 9:38 AM
    I went to the drs and it turns out my pain on my left side is bursitis in my hip.He gave me cortisone shot.I wasn't happy ,it hurt like hell.Also my Ra is acting up so I have to go in for a remicade infusion. I was getting them every 4 wks for 4 yrs until I had the surgery.My fusion looks good ,he took more exrays.So im happy its not from the surgery. Don't think the worst until you see your dr. Stay strong and have a good painfree week. kathy
    Kathy B
This discussion has been closed.