Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 back surgeries in one, when will it feel better

On Jan 22 2013 I had 3 different back surgeries in one, I had a disk fusion, L-5, I had titanium rods put in my lumber spine and i had arthritis cut away from my spinal column, It's been 4 months to the day and I'm not feeling much better then I did when I came out of surgery, I never had back pain while my disks we kinda flopping around, it was all in my legs, now that the surgery is over and done with I have horrid back pain, I can't sleep. i can't sit for more then 30 minutes then i have to get up and move around, my doctor told me it would take up to 6 months to heal but, come on, after 3 months I should be feeling a little better, shouldn't I? the muscles feel tight and boy do they ache, anyone else going through anything like this cause I've never felt anything like it?
advertisement

Comments

• ben_indianabben_indiana Posts: 288
    edited 05/23/2013 - 3:02 AM
    That is alot of surgery! Thankfully I am recovering pretty well from my microD, but I have read stories on here from people who have "only" had microD who are not much better even 4-6 months later. With such extensive surgery it is not hard to believe you are still in pain. Does that mean its normal, absolutley not. But could it be normal, absolutely.

How are you handling post-op care? When do you see your surgeon & what is their opinion if you have already? Are you doing or do you plan to do PT? Have you had any scans or MRI since surgery? What kinds of meds do they have you on?

I know I have dealt with some serious hamstrig & calf tightness and aching throughout my recovery. They probably had to cut into you pretty good for all that surgery, that is ALOT of trauma not only to the spine, but to your whole body! Also what was your injury? Your body could very well be reacting still to that, even if it is fixed now.

I hope it gets better for you soon, good luck & keep us posted!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!