Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery not until July - bummer news yesterday

I will be having a L4-S1 spinal fusion with disk compression in July. Everything was working out great with getting ready. I am single and my sisters are coming to help. I work 3 jobs, and my primary at least has short term disability which will pay me for 7 weeks at 100% base salary. For that, I know I should and am grateful. My second job is that I teach piano lessons. Already had in my head that I would have to take 4 weeks off from that and was prepared. Last night was my first "bummer" news. My third job where i am part time (a church) is telling me that I will not be paid at all while I am out. Don't want to go into much detail, but I have been there over 4 years, never out for sick and even gave up a week of vacation that I was going to take before surgery since I was going to be gone for 3-4 weeks for recovery a few weeks later.

I know many of you out there are in a worse circumstances and I feel bad for writing this. Mostly just to vent my frustration. I was hired under someone else and did not know they even had a personnel manual until last year when I was cleaning out his desk. He also told me when hired that I had 6 weeks vacation, but I never took more than 2. Never had any cost of living increase in 4 years either. Just irritating. Will I be destitute, no. Will it make me feel like I have got to get back there for work, yes.

• Hi. I am having surgery in July to. I only have 1 job at a huge corporation. I have 1 week no pay, 8 weeks 100% then 70%, i plan on trying to pay all my bills up as best as i can. I have a lot of expenses that stop in June and comr back in September.

I know this is a hardship and a sacrifice, but we have to take care of our health first. Good luck.
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18
  • My short term disability is almost identical and I work for a large corp too with same benefits. Things could be a lot worse or not have a job so have confidence it will all work out.