Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Too Soon for a Movie?

Hey all,

I am a little over two weeks post op from an L5 Microdisectomy and I am doing pretty well. I have no sciatic pain anymore and I have been walking regularly, I am now up to 30 minutes twice per day.

Anyway, there are some really good movies out so I would love to take one in but I am wondering if it is too soon at this point to sit for a couple of hours. Generally, I don't really notice any discomfort at all sitting now until after about sixty minutes and my guess is that I would probably be fine but I also don't want to push it and set myself back in my recovery. Any thoughts?

• I had mine on May 9th and went to see Fast 6 on opening day so I was a little over 2 weeks out. I was very uncomfortable in tgd chair. I kept changing positions and I had to take my pain meds. But I loved the movie so I'm glad I went.
    Im 30. Had micro diskecetomy on 05/09/13. I had a herniated disc at L5-S1 that after 6 months of different treatments I was only getting worse.
  • I remember reading some posts from you awhile back. I am hoping your recovery goes very well!!! I would say go to the movie as long as you dont mind missing chunks, Cuz you are gonna want to walk out to the lobby every 20 mins or so.

Good Luck!!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • saw star trek at 8 days post op, sat up high so I could look straight out. No issues.
    Jan 2007 Aortic and Pulmanary Valves replaced
    ACDF C4-C7 May 24 2013