Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recent Forum Behavior

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 05/28/2013 - 8:06 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
This bothers me that I need to bring this into public view. However, I really have no choice.

In the past two months or so, there has been an unusual amount of in-thread-post fighting, something that has not existed here for quite some time. Sure, we all have disagreements, but they are handled like adults.

We have had to Edit a few posts, Delete some and Lock down threads. This is not normal.

As it is our practice, we are not going to mention any member names while discussing problems like this.

It is pretty clear that some members do not understand or can not comprehend how one seasoned member creates threads and posts to others. That member has made numerous solid contributions to this site and has help countless number of members, both, new/old and young and older. Those that have read posts also understand the style is blunt and does not add any sugar coating. At times over the years we have had a few discussions regarding that style.

But there are others that are chasing this member. It has become clear that there is a gang up. This is not a perception made up by the moderators, this has becoming quite evident and seen by other members.

I have had to make a number of stern posts recently regarding this matter , yet this behavior continues.

This stops now. If I or any of the other moderators sre this type of posting continue, there will be some banning. We never like to do this, but when there is substantial disruption to this site, it must be corrected.

We have over 20,000 International members. We are here to make sure that the forums/threads/posts keep in line with what this sites objectives are.

I apologize to the hundreds of daily active members who understand this and are only looking for help or to provide help.

Thank you
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Well, I'm going to have to stop posting here, then.

Fine, Ron. You can keep defending "that person" incessantly, despite the truth that he is ruining a perfectly great resource for a lot of people that truly need it. Many people are being chased away from here because of said individual's crass treatment. I am well aware of some people needing toughness, but regarding yesterday's thread, he was WAY off base. Completely off base. If "Spine-Health" is as important to you as you say it is, then you wouldn't allow this to happen. I can't see how you can sleep peacefully at night allowing this.

I was a member here for close to three years and tried to be as good a contributor as possible. Just because "this person" has been a member since 2008 doesn't make him better, at least it shouldn't.

It's a sad start to the day. I enjoyed being a member here up until recently. The two other folks on here that are supposedly "ganging up" on him are recent members that I had not known previously, so I don't feel "ganging up" holds any water. This guy upsets people by making libelous judgments about people that are patently false.

Like I said, it's a sad day.

Good luck to all those that I had made friends with on here.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 05/28/2013 - 4:32 AM
    are exactly the problem. If you don't agree with the decisions made by the administrator/moderators of this website, it is not your right to publicly accuse and call them out. It is exactly THIS behavior that is the problem.
    Instead of allowing us to do our jobs, there are accusations about the response to threads, and before we know it, the fur is flying, with those participating refusing to do what was asked of them and ignore the post that might offend your sensibilities and let us handle it....instead, some of you continue repeatedly to attack the poster, use vulgarity, and follow him around the forums.
    It is the bickering and the highjacking of the threads, over and over that is chasing members, new and old away. This isn't about old versus new, or young versus old, it is about following the rules, and allowing us to do our jobs, as we were appointed to do.
  • Sandi,

The problem lies because the moderating team does nothing about "said person's" mostly accusatory and judgmental posts. I only speak for myself, but waiting for a moderator to handle that person's posts will be a long wait.

But I guess what he does is okay, and it's the other 75% that is screwed up. Okay.

Like I said, I won't post here anymore and I need to realize that's okay. It's too bad that I'm seen as an enemy when all I'm doing is sticking up for an innocent person.

• NinjaNinja Posts: 1
    edited 05/28/2013 - 5:10 AM
    You guys are out of your minds if you think anybody is following him around. He is the one that comes on to threads that people are already on, and if someone comments on his thread, did it occur to you guys that this is a small group and we all see the same threads. So just because he posted on a forum and somebody has a different opinion than him it's considered ganging up or bullying? Get real. Why doesn't said person move on when he doesn't agree with a post instead of hijacking the thread with his offensive and belittling behavior. You guys need a serious reality check. This site is corrupt as the day is long. But not for long!
  • All of you have been asked to use the forum rules and guidelines to avoid these ongoing problems. There is a "flag as offensive button" at the bottom of each post. USE IT. If you are so offended by something that is said by another poster, then send the alert. We will be notified and respond accordingly. It is OUR job to moderate and respond to problems, it is NOT yours or anyone else's .
    Several of you have been asked many times in the last weeks to comply with the forum rules, but over and over, we are left to clean up the mess that all of you are contributing to creating. It is NOT one poster, it is several that are responsible for this situation.
    Another part of the problem is the ongoing public criticism of this moderation team. YOU are making assumptions and have no idea what we do behind the scenes, since that is between the member and the team of moderators and it is not up to you or anyone else to attempt to call us out .
    Re- read the forum rules and guidelines.
    We don't owe you an explanation for why something is done unless it applies directly to your posts. Several of you seem to think that you are the self appointed champions of these forums, but if you would just allow us to handle the problems and stop participating in creating them, half of the battle would be won.
    If you choose to leave that is your choice Charlie. Whichever one you choose is left in your hands, however, we will not allow this continued calling out and defiance of the rules and disruption to continue.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    with hopes that new posts are productive and not just negative and degrading.

People should be able to express their views. We do it here daily.. But express them in accordance to the forum rules.

If this one goes south again, I will yank it one more time.
  • Spine Health does seem like a much better place to come to now for the newbies and the elders. The "Seasoned Member" have changed their tuned. I'm glad for you guys. So you obivously made a difference. It doesn't matter how you did it. I'm just glad you did. I responded to some threads tonight. I hope the best for you and the other members on here.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I wish I could say we made any changes.
    We are doing the same thing we have been done for years now.

The difference is that that some of the trouble is now gone.

I know you are relatively new here and can only base what you say on what you saw and read.

Just as with chronic pain, these forums go through roller coaster rides, the ups and downs. The one constant is this site and how we monitor it. I could list about 50 members who have been here, caused all sorts of trouble, not only for the site but towards other members and serious trouble. There gone also and that's how we all survive the roller coaster ride.
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 06/01/2013 - 8:49 AM
    I just want to say you and the other moderators are doing a good job!!!
    Kathy B