Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dave's MRI

Okay after reading about Dave I'm canceling surgery. Since they want to do C3 yo C7. And I am already herniated at L5-S1 imagine the pressure on the rest of my arthritic spine

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    DO NOT MAKE Medical decisions based on personal experiences from members here!!!!
    Remember, none of us are medical professionals, so we can only post from the viewpoint of a patient and without medical accuracy.

If you have questions or doubts about any upcoming surgery, you should be talking with your doctor(s), not from posts made here.

I am very sorry that you came to a decision based on a member's experience. Everyone is different. You need to look out for your best interest now and down the road.. Please, talk to your doctor.... PLEASE!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    edited 05/30/2013 - 6:11 PM
    Please ... Ron is absolutely right. Please do not let my experience change your course of action(s).
    Discuss any and all concerns with you doctors. I consider all my surgeries to be sucsesses.
    I have little doubt that without them, I would be in a wheel chair by now. My surgeries took an unstable and diseased neck and gave it structral integrity that now protects and maintains my cord, nerves, discs, and vertabrae.
    Though I still have residual issues, at the time of the surgeries - they were the last resort after all procedures and medications could not control the pain or deal with the radiculopathy, and loss of exterimity motor function.
    Do Not allow my experience to alter your course without discussion with your doctor(s). There are MANY items that need to be considered during the path to surgery or along the course of your life and health. Me and my experience should in no way be one of those items. Please my friend - appropriately reconsider?

With Concern,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 05/31/2013 - 2:01 AM
    Use this board for information but don't use it to compare it to your outcome.
    We are all different and will have different results.
    I hope you have had one or more second opinions before making a decision.
    Keep in mind many of the people here have on going issues.
    Many people get enough relieve from their treatments or surgery they do not come to forums like this.
    Its sad to say but in a way we are the worst of the worst.
    When surgery is needed putting it off can and will make the issues worse.

Please think about this
  • I'm a little dramatic over this surgery so I have not cancelled. Thanks Ron. I did make a 4th opinionwith one of the top 1 percent in the country but I am happy about who I have already chosen but they seem to be having some inconsistency in the office. I have to get cleared by my pulminologist on Monday anyway. Hey they already ups the wonderful collar that I have to wear for 3 months. Yea!!!!!! Fun summer.