Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Car Accident 8 months ago - Accepting the Pain

Happy June everyone! I have read tons of posts on this forum and sometimes they are very reassuring and others a bit depressing. I was in a car accident in Oct, rear-ended and pushed into car in front of me. I wasn't in pain right then but a few days later my rib cage and mid/upper back starting hurting and it hasn't stopped!

Over the past 8 months I have done endless physical therapy, epidural injections, RFA-nerve burning on 7 levels, steriod shots, deep tissue massages, MRI's and Xrays. Through it all its been very painful but I have had some relief from the nerve burning in the spine area, but still lots of pain in the shoulder blade muscle and rib area.

About a month ago, DR gave me 2 trigger point steriod shots, he was beside himself that THIS was going to work 100% and I would feel better instantly....it took 3 weeks (and massages and excercise) and I finally felt some relief, but then out of no where I starting having pain on the opposite side of my back where frankly I really hadn't had pain before. UGH. I have an apt this coming week and figured I would just ask for a trigger point steriod shot in this 'new' area but today I woke up with pain everywhere - spine, left, right, upper, lower....so frustrated - and of course the MRI's and Xrays don't show anything that explains where all the pain is coming from.

I work a desk job and the pain sometimes while at work is horrible, I have a good support chair and get up frequently but an ice pack is usually my only relief during the day. At home I try to do my normal activities, housework, cooking, take care of things but I find the pain sometime is just too much.

I was extremely active prior to the accident (cycling, volleyball...) and now (at 37 years old) I'm just not able to do any of those things without being in pain. Medication seems to not help other than some muscle relaxer to help me get to sleep.

I'm seeing a therapist for my depression/anxiety of it all and I really am trying to think possitive hoping that I can will the pain away. I really don't want to go through more injections, more RFAs...I see some of you have these procedures done mulitple times, I just can't bare the thought.

At what point have you accepted that this is just how your life is going to be, that instead of fixing the issue you turn to just dealing with the pain?

• Welcome to our forum! Don't give up on finding an answer. Keep making appointments, write down everything (journals when pain is worst/time of day/location etc. Best of luck t you! I hope you can find a treatment plan soon.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.