Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Aa good as it gets

Ok, sit back a bit and think about your past. You have had a number of surgeries, countless number of flareups, been to so many different doctors, have had so many diagnostic tests..... the end?

No one is recommending surgery, no more physical therapy, medications, sure that will continue.. But where does that really leave us?

I know many of you are in this exact situation. How do we move on from there?

I think it all begins in your personal strength and attitude. Its so easy to say, OK, I am in pain, I have problems, nothing is going to help, so this is my life from now on.....

VS , someone who says "Ok, this is what I have, does not appear surgery is the answer, so I need to look to other ways in managing my pain. Sure, I am not going to eliminate it... But can I live with it?

Aroma Therapy... You have got to be kidding! Those candles and various scents, hogwash...... However in reality, they can help very much.

Music Therapy. Sure, I can put on ZZ Top and go bouncing from wall to wall, yeh thats going to help.... BUT , think about putting on some real relaxation music, some Thai Mediation themes, now that can make anyone relax

And so on and so on

Modern Western medicine can take us all so far. There are limits. Sure, if you want to be a zombie the rest of your life and have all the chemicals that may work.

But why not augment our normal Western medicine with the various Alternative medicine and Eastern Medicine.
I have tried so many and many have helped, some not so much.

Just never give up hope, dont settle when it comes to the subject line. It can be better, but we have to work hard to get it.

There isnt one clear cut path that everyone can take. Some of us can get help with just some alternative treatments.
Acupuncture has helped many.. Cranial massages from Osteopathic doctors can relieve pain, but you need
to find what will work for you.

I know all the spinal problems I have, compounded with the degenerating joint problems, and now most recently, I've been told about the increasing and rapid arthritis that is tearing my spine apart. So, I shed a tear for a moment, enough self pity and now figure out ways to deal with that

Its like a speeding high powered train. We cant stop it as it comes down the track, but can we find ways to slow it down?
If we look hard enough, I am sure we all can figure out ways to do that.

So, that is my current venture. slow things down, I know I can not reverse it, but I know it will take a lot more than increasing arthritis to take me over.

So, is it As good as it gets Think about it for a second and come up with your own answer
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Ron
    Have you made a list anywhere here on the forum with all the treatments you have tried
    What worked, what didn't work for you.
    I know everyone is different and treatments effect us all different too.
    I am not asking for a treatment plan just what worked for you and if you have thought about why it did or didn't.

A good example of things that work and don't work is reading reports on drug and or therapy treatments.
    I am amazed that in drug trials some people getting the placebo treatment improve. Why?
    Could the thought of getting better help alone or would they have gotten better anyway,
    or did they not really improve at all.
    I think the brain holds the key in some of our issues. I just can't remember where the key is.