Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor won't do surgery

eastcoasteeastcoast Posts: 20
edited 06/07/2013 - 8:48 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have DDD and radiculopathy extreme lower back pain,numbness in lower right leg to toes,throbbing to go along with it.My Doctor does not recamend surgery due to my DDD he said I will have one surgery after another.I'm doing exercises in the pool not with any relief.I have had two injections so far and feel no different I'm just beside my self anybody have any answers?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Any details regarding diagnostic reports, current medications, etc.

Degenerative Disc Disease normally is managed through an approved exercise program and over the counter NSAIDS.
    To read more about DDD, please look at: Understanding Degenerative Disc Disease

Having one spinal surgery does not automatically mean you will have another surgery and another. There are many variables that come into consideration when discussing that.

As with my opening statement, can you provide us with more details regarding how long you have been doing exercises in a pool, what kind of a pool and when/where(on your spine) did you have your injections and what kind where they?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I had laminectomy decompression at l5 and ever since that I feel worse.my medications my doctor has me on is percocet,cymbalta,gabapentin, they help me a little and also tried pt made me worse.I do pool exercises consistantly 4 days a week I'm working real hard I want to feel better.my MRI report is way to long too list everything on it.(stenosis,bulging disc,ddds,,annular tear,bilateral facet joint arthopathy,scar/granulation tissue extends to and abuts the travening right l5 nerve root etc)
  • AllieO2000AAllieO2000 Posts: 49
    edited 06/05/2013 - 4:52 AM
    You're the only one who knows your body. If you disagree with the doctor, you need to get a second, and maybe third, opinion.
This discussion has been closed.