Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Fusion Help Please!

Hello, 4 weeks ago I had surgery to remove scar tissue and an L3 fusion. I had L4 through S1 in the past.
Just two days after being discharge from the hospital, a demon pain attacked me in the groin of both hips.
The pain was so severe that I called the surgeon three days in a row. Day one he prescribed Nucynta no relief.
Day two, he change the strength and on the third day he gave me steroid pack. It worked! I took them for six days.
On the 6th day, pain returns. Now he put me on Celebrex and told me to see an Orthopedic because he was not a
Hip man. I feel so deserted. I have made an appointment with the orthopedic, but its not until another week. Can anyone
Please tell me if you have been through this? I need to know what can be done? I have done nothing but google this
Constantly. The Celebrex, I take at 9pm and by 4am I am crying in my sleep with horrible pain. I would appreciate
Anyone's advice? I'm totally in pain 100% of the time.

• Your only 4 weeks out and hes sending you too another dr.I had hip pain after surgery and my dr said it was imflamation and gave me a cortisone shot in the hip and the pain is gone.He shouldn't be sending you to another dr after his surgery that doesn't make sense.I hope you get answers please let us no how you make out .kathy
    Kathy B
  • Hi Arrowwalker I am sorry to hear of your pain, but after surgery I had contant hip pain and groin for about 3months after the groin pain went first then the hip pain, but it did come back from time to time when lieing down. I am only going from my own experance like flowerpots. Maybe its best you see the other doctor put your mind at rest and hopefully he can help you pain. I hope things get better for you goodluck.
  • arrowwalkeraarrowwalker Posts: 14
    edited 06/08/2013 - 2:39 PM
    Hi Tina, thank you for your response. What did you do to get rid of this pain? Did you exercise or physical therapy? I'm so scare of this pain. I see the new doctor next Wednesday and I'll do anything to get rid of this pain. I'm trying to walk a lot but I feel I should do more,but I don't know what. Any advise you could help me out with, would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks and blessings
  • Yes I did have follow up physical therapy , but dont be so hard on yourself you body is telling you when to stop and when it dose, take breaks rest its early days yet and your doctor hopefully will put your mind at rest on wednessday. I found the physical therapy a great help . Takecare
  • Hi I looked up Celebrex on Wiki and the trails were fake. So Celebrex does not work as a pain medication - please look it up yourself and ask for something else. Your Dr should be able to give you something different. Also sleeping with a pillow between your legs at night takes the pressure off your spine, I just found out about it - and it is relieving my pain in the morning so much, it works.

Look after yourself - hope the pain subsides.
  • Arrow,
    It may be that you have developed bursitis post op. It is an inflammation of the bursa , and is relatively common post op. We walk a bit different than we did prior to the surgery and because of the position that we lay in, it can inflame the bursa in the hips. I developed it bilaterally and was given injections of a combination of lidocaine and steroids in the bursa and the pain disppeared.
    Do you see a pain management doctor? If not, it would be worthwhile to see one.