Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 years in and no answers,...help please

about a 2 years ago, my back (upper back) started hurting all the time, and from time to time, my hands would go numb, and a burning feeling down my arms.
After going time and time again to my doctor (GP) she agreed to send me for an MRI of my neck ,c 3, 4, and 5 which showed 3 herniated discs,a tear, and narrowing of my spin. She said that’s why my hands are going numb, the discs are pinching my nerves. We tried Chiropractor, didn’t work. Then she send me to a neurologist, and tested me for carpal tunnel and it was fine. The Neur, gave me shots of Novocain in my back in Aug 2012. Which helped a bit

Then Oct 20 2012 .. I get t boned in a really bad car accident. Car was a write off, and air bags went off, taken to hospital and they did x rays of my chest and it was fine.

I see my doctor Oct 22, she tells me that i am going to see sore.

Pain starts getting really really bad ,(I had no car until Dec, so I couldn’t get treatment until ) Dec 2012 I start intense PT and massage. This doesn't help at all.

Jan 2013, I go to my doctors (walk in clinic) I started to cry because I am in so much pain, I could barely move my neck. I tell her we've tried, PT, Massage, Chiropractor, Ice, heat, OTC pills. Nothing is helping me. HELP ME! The doctor response with “This is why people become addicted to Narcotics”

I leave without help. That clinic doctor calls, the pain doctor at our doctors office. (( Doctors office has 4 doctors, nurses, pain doctor, social works ext.

SO MY OWN DOCTOR IN 2 YEARS DIDN'T send me to the pain doctor, but this one does.... WHAT THE HECK.

So I start seeing him, he is amazing, flips on my doctor for not getting another MRI since the car accident, and gets me on a pain patch. Burtain.

I get really sick and I have to stop taking Burtain. I call my doctor and only speak to the secretary, who tells me that she'll let my doctor know that I can't take the Burtain, and we'll find you something else, and she would call me back.

3 weeks go by and I call my doctor, the secretary never told my doctor I was so sick on the patch, so I demand an appointment. I see my doctor and she tells me that shes order me my full back to be MRI d.

April 2. My doctor tells me to get a lawyer, because of how much pain I am in for the car accident, she tells me we are going to get my whole back MRI d and she give me some Dielain and tells me it will make me very sick, I don’t fill the prescription.

April 6 (4days later) MRI is wrong and they only do my neck.

April 8th I call the secretary to let her know that the wrong MRI I was done. And that I have lawyers who are waiting for MRI results. She tells me she ll tell my doctor ASAP, so we can get another one booked.

April 17th, I call back to see if she has booked my next (RIGHT THIS TIME) MRI.
She tells me, she hasn’t told the doctor that the wrong one was done yet, (11 days later). Secretary was very rude and short tempted. I told her , she needed to speak with the doctor, today and get back to me.

April 26th, secretary calls me back, saying that my doctor will not get me an MRI, because I don’t have back pain, and if I want the right MRI done, that I have to pain for it. So I said then the doctor is lying to you. I do to have back pain, and the doctor told me twice, that we were going to get my whole back MRI d.

April 28th I see chronic pain doctor. He goes and speaks with secretary and demands that we get my whole back MRI like the doctor said,

April 29th Chronic pain doctor calls me and says that we are getting your whole back done, and sending you back to the neurologist.

May 13th I call , because still no MRI appointment date, and find out that chronic pain doctor has been fired. I get transfer back to my doctors Secretary , I ask her, are the things put into place by the chronic pain doctor, MRI and neurologist . She says yes they are, but we haven’t called or booked anything yet.. (2 weeks later)

I call first week of June and still nothings done. My next appointment is July 6th.

HELP!!! the spots on my back that hurt, are effected by your lower spine, which has never been looked at.. 3 years later and I am in constant pain, and my hands are numb all the time...

Show Subscribe

• AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 06/17/2013 - 4:43 PM
    You need to find an entirely different PCP and group of doctors ASAP. Ask your lawyers where to go, they can't be the only PCP in town, and if they are, its time to drive out of town. Your lawyers should know what group of doctors are good at getting together the necessary images/treatment plans etc for your claim.. and more importantly for your pain/recovery. Best of luck to you.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • That was very confusing. But I went through much of the same rig a maroll and discounting of my problems when I had an injury. I think a Neurologist and surgeon were working for the guy who had rear ended me! Or they just didn't want to work me up and figure out what I was talking about at all! * got little money, lawyer said it was because of so many prior injuries bleeding together. As well as no one wanted to write some kind of review of case! I still have problems from that time, going to med school for care in Portland OR, but need to fight to get referral into the Orthopedics group just to have spine looked at again 4 years later! I know it's totally tough sometimees! Chiro's have been the best, but I even know I cannot file for SSI or SSDI without an Osteopath's work up again and clearer notes about herniations, etc in neck. * I HAVE YOU NUMBNESS and BURNING TOO.