Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Complications after c-3 to c-6 fusion

I'm new to this, but in December of 2011 I was serving as a marine in Okinawa when I was diagnosed with a severe epideral abscess that caused major spinal cord compression. The neurosurgeon performed a c4c5 corpectomy and used artificial bone graft to fuse from c3 to c6, stabilized with rods 8 screws and a plate it's been two years with a successful recovery, my main concern being only 22 years old is my passion of lifting after about a year of recovering I got back in the gym and things were great but I always have anxiety that I will rupture a disc since now three discs are gone, is it not true the upper and lower disc are under more pressure what is the likely hood of me rupturing these? I have a terrible fear of neck pain as the whole ordeal was a long painful and traumatic event for me, any suggestions and answers are greatly appreciated.

• Does nobody have any info? Dang this world is cold.
  • Any surgeon will tell you that the disk above and below the fusion take more load. So the answer to your question is "YES"

You should count your blessings. If you have recovered so you lift weights. The pain in my case never went away. So I still suffer from Head neck and shooting pain to my numb hands.

You should stick with a good neck program and keep getting stronger.

Our bodies are amazing things and can take a lot of abuse.

David Henderson