Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey everyone, newbie here

I just found this site while searching for exercises that can be done for pain relief of Scoliosis.

A neurologist told me three years ago after an MRI that I had mild scoliosis, mild arthritis in the lumber spine, I also have three compression fractures at T7, T8, and T10 because of a seizure. I am 44 years old just barely :) birthday was this past month.

Anyway, just a little history for you all.

Hope to meet at least a few people here, would be very helpful.

Thanks all,

• Hi Stephanie,

Let me welcome you to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others with the same condition as yourself. Be sure to check out the great doctor written and peer reviewed articles the site has to offer. Also you can videos that will help you out as well. We do have a scoliosis section as well as the upper back section, that you might find some useful post in. Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do for you don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • CrackurjaxCCrackurjax Posts: 3
    edited 06/20/2013 - 8:42 AM
    Thanks! Yes I have been doing a little reading here on the site, I'm finding a lot of it very helpful.

Again, thanks for the welcome!
  • AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 06/20/2013 - 11:02 AM
    Sounds like you would be interested in physical therapy. Physical Therapists are experts in the exact exercises that will give you the most benefit, how to do them safely, and even let you know what exercises might be "dangerous" for you in your particular conditions. I have found most PCP are usually pretty good about writing the letter/order for PT. I'd go back to whoever gave you the MRI and ask for PT. Your Therapist will need to know exactly what areas of the compression fractures, etc. Best of luck to you!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.