Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I was doing well....until

I had spinal fusion/laminectomy on 4/12/13. After a week of hell, I started feeling good. By 4 weeks I was pain free, felt 100% and was still cautious as it was early in the healing stages. I was walking 2-3 miles/day as directed by my surgeon. Suddenly a week ago I wake up in severe pain, can't roll over in bed and cannot stand due to weakness in both legs and numbness. I get sharp stabbing nerve pain all day in my back and constant weakness in my legs.I had xrays done which wee unremarkable and now am waiting for approval for an MRI. Anyone else ever experience this? I was doing so well. No taumatic event or anything I can think of that may have caused it. HELP !

ACDF 3 Level 5/28/2014
PLIF L4/L5/S1 4/2013

• I can only speak from my own experiece. I had L4-5 fused in Feb of last year. A few months later in June I had a sudden onset of major pain, back pain, leg pain, the whole nine yards. The NS ordered a MRI and I had herniated L3-4. I was told it was from th pressure of the first fusion. A week or so later I was in OR having another fusion. I hope this hasn't happen to you, but I just want to share my experience.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • I hope you didn't do too much too soon.I had double fusion and im just starting pt Monday.I was told no walking until 2 mths out. Hope everythings okey kathy
    Kathy B
  • Glad you are getting the MRI. I know you have to be so very frustrated. Try to remember that a set back (even a major one, even if additional surgery is required) doesn't mean that you won't eventually get back to a life you can enjoy. Sounds like your surgeon is taking your pain seriously which is a good thing, not all do, so you must have a doctor that cares about your quality of life. Best of luck to you, Keep us updated to what the MRI reveals.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.