Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tell me your problems

Hi, I'm Jim and I would like to hear any problems you are facing,I will respond as soon as I get the reply,so just feel free.:)

• Hi Jim looked up your post on what is wrong. Depression is a natural thing with back pain - it happens to everyone so you are not alone. There are a lot of young people on this site and you probably need to post under lower back pain and read some of the posts there.

A few practical things. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs stops you moving and takes pressure off your spine.There is also a site on facebook called young people with back pain. They say blogging helps so you let out your frustration. Be careful bending and twisting as this makes it worse. A soft brace can help you remember not to do it as it exacerbates your pain.

I'm in Australia so you might have to wait until the people in the US wake up. It's morning here. If you don't get any sleep you need to go to your Dr and tell him/her because no sleep makes it worse. i don't take anti depressants but I do take amitryptaline for sleep, a very low dose - didn't think it did anything at first but it helps you sleep , it can also be an anti depressant. . Also I found pain killers didn't work for me until they were combined with muscle relaxants so you might ask your doctor for muscle relaxants as well - that stops the spasming. You can't understand back pain until you have it and it can be very isolating when you are in pain all the time.

You need to research your condition. If you are only twenty are you doing some study or working? It can take your mind off the pain. When I'm really bad I use the distraction method - watch a good uplifting movie, just go outside - contact your friends and tell them what is happeneing. They mightn't understand but I'm sure some company helps.

Hopefully some younger people will answer you. I would post on the lower back pain forum and read ther. Hope you have a less pain day.
  • I really appreciate your advice,I'm going to take my Percocet and attempt to get some rest.I like the pillow between the legs idea totally going to try that,also I'm going to ask my doctor about not being able to sleep,anyway thanks again for your advice I'm grateful for this fourm and all the support with a lot of experienced members. :)
  • Hi. Ya know, I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, but it helps so much to find this forum and finally feel like I'm not so alone in this. I have a wonderful family but none local...and having transplanted to Casper has been a very difficult move even before all this, so I really have no true friends here. My husband is very busy and tries his best, but I know it is stressful and sometimes even scary for him too. So just wanted to say thank you for posting and I hope we can find some mutual information and concerns.
    I have had three surgeries and three injections since April. Have had horrible pain down left leg ever since surgery #1 ... having bad swelling in foot and leg, up to about the knee area...nobody has any ideas what it causing that but it sure hurts !!!
    Look forward to hearing from you and hope you are having a better day.