Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 back surgeries at such a young age

Hello i am new here. I am a 26 year old male i started having back problems at the age of 18 my first fusion was at the age of 20 then a second at 22 about 5 months ago i had a 3rd surgery and was told there is nothing else they can do for me i live in pain on a daily basis and have been denied ssi dressing myself from the waist down is imposable i take norco 7.5 4 times daily please help i dont know what to do
justin d

• Don't give up on SSI or SSDI if you have enough qualifying quarters of work. Especially at your age, but also with most people it seems SSDI is rejected before. You could consult with an attorney. They don't get anything from SSDI if you are not successful, and if you are successful, the amount they receive is set by the government.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Ask your Dr for a muscle relaxant as well as a pain killer. Take them together. It's the only thing that stopped some of the pain
    for me.

Have a less pain day
  • it is way too soon to determine anything about SSDI or long term disability. You are still recovering from this fusion, and as I'm sure that you were told, it can take up to a year for the fusion to heal before you start feeling better. Recovery from back surgery takes time, and commitment to be patient and work at your recovery. It is not an overnight success. It's a journey, not a destination.
    Over time, you will improve, but you must do exactly as your doctor tells you, in regard to doing as much walking as you are able to, many times a day, then PT to get you moving again, and you need to continue to work toward getting better, but it does take time.
  • i am on 7.5 325 norcos 120 amonth 180 50mg ultram and 90 10mg valium these do nothing for me when i can sleep i wake up crying from being in so much pain i have a atty fighting for ssdi and workers comp its been a year sence my injury and still have goten no check from comp claim lost my house and everything i worked so hard to get my car got repoed and im living from friend to freind my life sucks because of my employer
    justin d