Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help back low back pain after 3 surgeries

I am new here so be easy on me please im 26 and have had 3 surgeries one fusion at L4 L5 and a lamenectomy disectomy at L3 L4 and most recent was a redue of the fusion nothing is helping the doctors say i have the back of a 70 year old man i have severe arthropathy in the lumbar part of my spine. facet arthropathy have been denied ssi 3 times and now have a lawyer my problem is i cant get no relieaf with the meds my primary doc has me on ultram 400mg a day with motrin i need help everyday getting dressed from the waist down please help i dont know what to do to stop the pain
justin d

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. You have have found a community to not only support, but help you find resources to help you as you go through this difficult time. First question I would ask is whom is treating you now, as in what kind of doctor. You are so young to have all these issues. I would suggest to you to find a good physiatrist that is not a mental doctor but a doctor whom deals with pain as your having. Along with medications they can do injections, possible see if your a candidate for a spinal cord stimulator. But you need to get to a doctor to help you move past the pain. The medication are only a part of treating pain, we like to call it a mix. Unfortunately sometimes it can be trial and error, to find the right blend as to what will help you. For example a muscle relaxer might help in the mix of medications or possible a nerve pain. What kind of specific pain are you having? Is it in your leg or in your back?

As to the SSI, your more than likely getting denied based on your age. The lawyer should help you move through the process. Be sure that you have your doctors behind you as you move through this process. One thing I can suggest to you is if your doctors suggest something be sure to try it, even if you have already tried it before. You don't want any doctor putting a label on you that your non compliant or anything like that. Unfortunately the process can take years, for some, while others move through in a matter of months. It also just depends on the judge you draw. So hang in there, hopefully you have the support of your family, to help you financially.

You can find additional information that might help by reading other threads and also by reading the doctor written peer reviewed articles. Check out the spinal cord stimulator forum as well. Unfortunately you are not alone, and you can find others whom have the same issues, as yourself.

Once again welcome to spine-health. If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • thank you so much i did finally get a autorney well my mom did im not stupid i just have a bit of a learning disability with reading comprehention my PCP looks at me like im a druggy i tell hello i have had 3 surgerys i have another Apt on monday with the nuro on monday they said they are worried about doing another surgery because of my age i tried everything from PT and OT and water nothing help my girlfrieand has to help me get dressed in the morning from the waist down it hurts most when standing. walking and even lying down if i get a copy of my MRI and post it on here could you help me understand it please i have no where else to turn but thank you so much for your reply my name is justin i live in Lansing michigan
    Again thank you any advise will help
    justin d
This discussion has been closed.