Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain management prices

Hey I've been seeing my pain management doctor for about four months now and I live in Florida,I pay 200 dollars a visit is this a fair price for being treated?should it be less money?or am I paying to much?what is the average price to be treated without insurance?

• That sounds about right, as that is the price I pay for a visit, or should say is billed to my insurance each month, now of course the insurance company has a price they are willing to pay, so it lowers that cost. You might check around as some doctors will lower the price to the insurance contract prices if they know you are paying cash up front. You might also try talking to the office manager and see if they can lower the price to the insurance contract prices sense you are a cash customer and they have no billing involved that they are covering the price.
  • JamesDJamesD Posts: 8
    edited 07/10/2013 - 7:47 AM
    That does sound fairly steep, at least in my currency. ;) Do you feel the pain reduction is worth it or is it too short lived to enjoy properly?
  • I actually received an EOB from my insurance company the other day.

My PM Doctor is charging $325.00 for an office visit of which I pay a copay of $60.00 and I noticed
    that insurance pays $160.00 and the Doc has to write off the rest.

Really that doesn't seem too bad to me because my MD charges $225.00 for an office visit of which I always had to
    pay $40.00 of that.

Of course if I did not have insurance, I have no idea how I would cover that and my meds.

I am so thankful that thru my husbands business, we are still able to afford to have insurance.

When I received SSDI, I declined the Medicare and kept my husbands insurance because my MD did not accept Medicare.

My current PM doesn't either and I have noticed that many of the Doc's in this area no longer accept it.

Is that something that other folks are noticing or is that just here?

Have been wondering that for awhile.
  • If I get sent to pain management, it will have to take medicare, I know most of them don't take Medicaid, so I will have to come up with extra money a month or whatever to afford it. Am looking around in advance for one that takes medicare. Are other people having problems with medicare?
    Sheila Coughtry
  • Wow! My primary care doctor charges 90 dollars and I pay 15 with insurance. My PM charges about 140 and I pay 25 with insurance.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • finzzzupffinzzzup Posts: 23
    edited 09/27/2013 - 8:08 PM
    You're getting off easy compared to me.. I live in Florida also and have been paying out of pocket for my PM since my Cobra ran out in January. Mine charges $240 per visit!!!! The first month I went onto self-pay, I about had a heart attack... they messed up and did not send my final drug test bill to my insurance and I received it in the mail from them in the mail directly in the amount of $400!!! I went nuts! I thought they had mis-informed me and i was gonna be charged that on top of the office visit..Thank goodness it was an oversight!!!!