Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C5-6 Cervical Fusion Post Op questions

I had C5-6 cervical fusion 5 weeks ago. I had C6-7 fusion 7 years ago, with no problems afterward. I just went back to work (a new job) this past week with instructions to not lift anything over 15 lbs, no twisting or bending of neck, etc. I am in a office learning the computer programs, etc. Floor is hard tile I wear work boots. By Wednesday, my neck was starting to hurt and by Friday was really hurting.On Saturday and Sunday I have pain in my right shoulder and upper arm and some slight numbness in my fingers, especially third finger, ring, and pinky finger. Would this be normal part of healing process? This has me a little worried!

• Given your increase in symptoms, you should call your doctor. It's common to get increased pain from doing too much too soon after surgery.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • with symptoms that coincide with the original injury, it's much better to be on the safe side. It may be nothing, but why take a chance.
  • KKilroyKKKilroy Posts: 1
    edited 07/02/2013 - 12:43 PM
    You could be experiencing the pain in your neck due to the way you are holding yourself while on the computer. Ergonomic chairs supports will help and have your IT people adjust your monitor to the correct level with your forehead. look away often and do head and neck exercises often. this will relieve the pain you feel down your arm and into your fingers.