Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chiropractor? help please

Hello, I had a Microdiscectomy Spine Surgery back in Nov 2011 on L5-S1. I was just involved in a car accident 2 weeks ago and my attorney is reffering me to a chiropractor. what are your thoughts? much appreciate your thoughts.

• I personal think you need to be seen by the surgeon whom operated on your back. They need to order MRI's and or xrays. If you have been this long without treatment then I would assume your spine was okay for that period of time and your surgery was a success. However if your in extreme pain now, I would go back to them and skip the chiro to get proper images to see what is wrong and be sure that area is okay. It could be that the operated area is fine, and it is a different level also. If I was in your shoes I would return to the surgeon whom operated on you. Whatever you do don't let them crack your back. If they are doing images and messages and Pt, you would be fine. However I would want to find out what is wrong. It is possible the surgeon will just order up some PT, and there is nothing major going on and it is muscular.
  • Because you have previously had surgery, there is no way that I would allow a chiropractor to touch my spine , unless I had first seen my surgeon and had a new MRI or CT scan that showed that there were no issues and the surgeon okayed the chiro treatment.
    Your spine is different post op, even if you had been doing really well for a long time, once you have had surgery, and there are areas of weakness or vulnerability that didn't exist previously.
    Risking damage is not worth it.......Tamtam was right in everything that she posted.