Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stem cell injections for bone-on-bone

jagadeeshjjagadeesh Posts: 1
edited 06/25/2013 - 5:05 PM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
My dad has been suffering from osteo-arthritis since a long time. It looks like he has bone-on-bone arthritis. We found this website which claims to give stem cell injections to heal people with this condition.
**** Edited to remove link to website ******
Does anyone have any experience with it?
Also we are looking at a **** Edited to remove the name of clinic*****
in San Francisco for treatment options. Does anyone any experience with that for this condition? We think my dad needs a meniscus transplant there.
advertisement

Comments

• I know my surgeon has made comments that stem cell research is going to completely revamp orthopedic medicine.... but he also says that won't happen in his career (meaning not that soon).... I trust him, he's very "up to date" even though he's.... well, I have no idea... 50's? So who knows... it has to start some where...
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • It is best to go for good orthopedic doctor and also start doing exercise
    specially yoga will be recommended...

Thanks and Regards
  • jagadeesh said:
    My dad has been suffering from osteo-arthritis since a long time. It looks like he has bone-on-bone arthritis. We found this website which claims to give stem cell injections to heal people with this condition.
    **** Edited to remove link to website ******
    Does anyone have any experience with it?
    Also we are looking at a **** Edited to remove the name of clinic*****
    in San Francisco for treatment options. Does anyone any experience with that for this condition? We think my dad needs a meniscus transplant there.
    Sorry to hear about your father.
    Hope he will be fine.
  • sends people to surgery...I hear it over and over. Then those who do the surgery, end up with more pain but never out of pain. A PRP/Stem Cell MD here talks about this bone on bone and says if one can bend knee fairly well, there is cartlidge there.. From what I gather, once the knee is cleaned out and they do what they do, there is definitely no more cartlidge.

I keep bending and moving as best I can, I do not want knee surgery. Right now I'm working with a magnetic knee sleeve and tons of supplements. And accept that my life has changed.
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    There really aren't many alterntives. Surgery to clean out the arthritic joint or live with a lot of pain
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • about does PRP/Stem Cells every day. Gets people who never did surgery or already did them. If I had extra money at my late date in life, I'd go for these...otherwise for now and as long as I can I hobble along. Don't want more "elective" surgery.

PRP are platlets from our own blood, stem cells are from our own bone marrow. Many doctors do these in my area.
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    They don't always apply to all patients. For many those don't help at all
    When the situation is true bone on bone there reall aren't many options
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.