Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Spine MRI w/o contrast

lvscoffee7llvscoffee7 Posts: 1
edited 06/26/2013 - 8:07 AM in Spinal Injections

• This holds true not only for MRI reports but any other diagnostic test that your doctor or team of doctors performed on you.
    There are no medical professionals on this site that are qualified to accurately interpret any of those diagnostic tests. That should be done only by your doctor and not even the technician who may have run the test.

There could be many members on this site that have been through so many of these tests that they are pretty accurate, but you dont want to hold your life in the hands of a non-professional.

Take a look at this analogy. Think if it in terms of reading any diagnostic report. The actual images that come back are much harder

The Problem
    You have a 5 year old car that has been giving some trouble recently. Your brought it down to the local service center for
    them to run diagnostic tests.

The Report comes back

MILD - Ok, so there is a problem, but I think it can be fixed by adding some fuel cleaner and changing the engine oil. Easy thing to do, will not cost much. However, if you ignore it, down the line, this mild problem could
    developed into a bigger problem.

MODERATE - Yes, we found a few parts that definitely show signs of wear and tear. I think if we bring it in to the shop, we should be able to do sum tune up therapy, and will probably have to add some engine and transmission medications. If you dont do this, I can almost be sure that this will deteriorate further. Maybe not in a few months, but down the line. Know do you want to be driving at night in a snow blizzard in a town you do not know. All of
    a sudden your car stops dead in its tracks, wont start or anything. Here is where you hit yourself in the head and say
    I should have listened, I should have taken care of it back then

SEVERE - This is not good. I dont think any band aid approach is going to solve the problem.
    Sure, you can continue driving, but I am afraid if you do, you might have some permanent damage. I suggest that we remove the engine and see if we can rebuild it, if not, we are going to have to do a total replacement

When it comes to cars, I think most people can see the picture... Well, its really not that different when it comes to diagnostic tests.

The degree of severity as outlined above, is the same when it comes to MRI readings. Just look at those words and relate them to your situation.
  • I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team: