Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting problems from boss....

I had a PLIF L5-S1 on May 3. I originally had told my boss it would be 6-8 weeks before I came back. I went back to see my dr. on June 24 to discuss my plans on going back to work and the dr. and I both agreed that July 15th would be the best. He wants me to start Physical Therapy tomorrow first with an evaluation and then go from there.

Well, my boss is really giving me grief and makes me feel like I wouldn't have a job to come back to if I don't come back on shortened days before July 15.

To add to the mess, right now I am fighting some kind of infection. We don't have the results back to find out if it is viral or bacterial. If it is bacterial I will have to go back to my spine dr. to check into if it has anything to do with the surgery. I should have the results tomorrow, but I haven't been able to keep any food or drink down, can't take any of my pain meds on an empty stomach so I am hurting.

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with their bosses and coming back to work.

I didn't file for the FMLA because the company I work for is only 20 employees and it doesn't apply.
advertisement

Comments

• I had a one level plif on February 9 of last year. I was to go back to work on March 17. I contracted an infection in my incision and ended up having another surgery on March 2. I told my boss I would not be able to return at my scheduled time and I received a text message two days later saying that I was fired. I did not have FMLA either. Thats just my experience, I'm not trying to say your boss is going to terminate you.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.