Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

laser surgery

I was told today that my friend's 63 year old father had laser surgery and feels great now. It sounded like he had a herniated disc causing nerve pain, etc. Has anyone else out there had sucessful laser surgery?

• bpreachersbbpreachers Posts: 147
    edited 06/30/2013 - 6:14 PM
    I am assuming he went to the ** edited to remove the name of the institute***. Most doctors completely dismiss the "laser" back treatment because it does not address the underlying problem of disc compression and can destablize the spine. Google them there are tons of negative accounst and horror stories and even quite a few cases of their being sued (to include Terri Hogan aka Hulk Hogan).
  • The issue with those groups is that they burn the nerves and don't address the mechanical problem. They also will only address one problem at a time, so if you have multiple issues, you can wind up being a financial contributor to keeping their business afloat. They do not have a good reputation, and the outcomes long term are not good.