Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opinions on Fish Oil for SI Dysfunction?

Hi all. I've had SI dysfunction for 30+ years. Doing shots...which help, but only short term (longest so far has been only 3 weeks). Anyway, a friend of mine mentioned taking Fish Oil...with high EPA and DHA. My friend has some minor joint aches and pains, but nothing as severe as SI issues.

Has anyone used Fish Oil?? Does it seem to do anything for you. If so, how much relief and how long? Effective dose? Any opinions and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

• I used to take fish oil. Funny as I'm not exactly sure when I stopped, I just did eventually. The only thing I'd caution you about is being sure to keep up with the amount you are taking. I know fish oil is one of those things that doesn't mesh well with general anesthesia. I hope you don't need any surgery, but if you do, you'll need to know how much you are taking. I'd also recommend calling your PCP and speaking with the nurse about dosages, and just to be sure it won't conflict with any of your other medications/medical history.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.