Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arrrrrg, pharmacy mess up on Fentanyl, venting

MrGrouchMMrGrouch Posts: 108
edited 07/05/2013 - 12:00 PM in Pain Medications
Pharmacy messed up on my fentanyl prescription. now due to the holiday, dea, cvs rules, PM rules I am now short 1 patch ( for 72 hours).

Already spoke to PM, Pharmacy and I have to come in next time with over 10 documents including having to get a lawyer to account for the "missing" patch. the script was for 10 they only had 9 and filled it for 9. due to all the rules and tracking system there is no way to get another patch even with another script. So I have to make 9 patchs last 32 days even though they fall off ( the "cover patch are on order but delivery is unknown). The pharmacy messed up and I not only have to streach the med but have to prove my inocence to the PM via a lawyer so I don't get a "warning ( 2 and you are blackballed). In this area and my age you have to as they have complete power. If your over 65 they hand out oxycotin, daludid, morphine like candy

I know all of this is becuase of the abuse and it's easier to go after docs and patients than herion, cocaine, and meth heads. Come to think about it I can get herion easier than all my other meds combined. You break the law you get what ever you want, you don't break it and yor life is made a nightmare. Hell I could put a still in the backyard, not be in pain, 1/100th the cost and just get a fine if I ever got caught. SUCKS!!!!!

I said it before and I say it again the DEA needs an attitude adjustment. If some oneis going to abuse a substance they are going to regardless of our " help". The only ones that get hurt are the peole that legitamately need it or in my case not only need it but only do so becuase the docs won't scratch below the surface, they is no way in hell sciatiac can cuase so much *EDITED ** pain. ONly one doc told me why, the disks are dripping some chemical down on the nerves as the disks are try to heal. at that has never been verified or even commented on.

Sorry I am more than a little pissed off right now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Oh how I would love to give the DEA an attitude adjustment. Almost all of my stress comes from trying to make sure things work out with my meds. Granted I've had some unseen issues recently, but even during normal times it almost seems like it's always something with the meds. I am very sorry that happened and think it's beyond unfair that you should have to go without a patch when it wasn't your fault. I am almost at the point where I want everything in writing. Because of an insurance mess up I won't get my next patch refill for another week. I go to a small mom and pop, but the owners are out of town and so is the girl I always work with. If I need my patches mailed to me she is the one I always deal with. I am afraid to leave the script because the place is SO busy I am afraid they will loose it. Crazy. I hope you can stretch your other patches so you don't get too uncomfortable.
  • there is still plenty of fentanyl in the patch to leave it on for that time frame. Doing this for three patches will allow you to make it to the next fill date.
    I've had one fall off, despite the use of tegaderm to hold it in place due the heat /humidity wave we are experiencing where I live and I have simply kept a patch on for an extra day to make up for the lost patch.
  • As far as keeping it on I know, tell that to the patch. I am lucky to keep it adheard for 3 days. I asked if I could put in on the inside on my leg a few inches above the knee as it is always dry ( no sweat) but was told no by the doc on call.

My infuration was not becuase I was one short but you never know how the PM place will react and that the pharmacy did not know how much potentail trouble this can cause. As long as I get the same person everything is cool, if I get someoneone else they do a pill count, patch count, drug test, want to see the boxes with the dates and so on and will not listen or even look at any evidence you have. The last PM place I had was like that " Always guilty". This place is much better as long as I get my doc or the PA that always treats me. Hey thanks, I will make sure I will be seeing my PA that day if not I wil reschedule earlier. Thanks