Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello ;) from Newbie

Yesterday, when I was in agonizing heart broken tears; I thankfully found this forum. I am suffering in great on-going chronic pain from Cervical radiculopathy and etc. I knew I had to reach out and find others who share my similar stories. I don't want to be the victim but the conquer of my despairing conditions, although I know to be human is to need caring & compassion & to especially give those back...what better place then to get it than from peps who can relate to your very own experiences. After reading others stories and etc...my tears subsided and I found some inner peace at knowing I am not suffering alone. I wish none of us here were suffering!
HLA-B27 positive with active conditions like: Ankylosing spondylitis, Cervical radiculopathy (cervical spondylosis), Chondrocalcinosis, fibromyalgia, Sjogren's, Reiter's syndrome, carpal tunnel, TMJ/TMD, IBS, Plantar fasciitis, etc....

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Ive been thru the cervical issues and it is not fun! Have you seen a surgeon or is your pain being controlled? I can tell you upon waking from cervical surgey the pain was GONE. I have had 5 surgeries on my cervical but that is not normal. I had alot of things going on. I can tell you my pain is managed very well with medicine in my cervical area. Welocme to the site and you will be surprised how much support and information you will receive from spine health. There have been days Ive needed to come here to vent which in itself helps. Others experpience that can direct you into a direction for care that has not been offered or for just support of helping you get thru the bad times.
  • I'd like to welcome you to spine health. There is so much information to find on this site, There are doctor written info on all different conditions related to the spine. Make sure you take a good look around, it really is a site with help for a host of conditions. Plus we have the forums where members can ask for advice from others and find out how they dealt with problems. There is also a chat feature.

We are having a bit of trouble with spam right now, the moderator that takes care of spam this time of night is currently away, but will be back soon, she is usually right on the ball in removing the spam junk. Once again welcome to spine health. Probably the best place to start is spine health forum rules. These give you a great guideline so that you don't break any forum rules. Please post about your current spine problems and feel free to ask questions, with over 20,000 members I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.

• Susan...wow 5 surgeries, well at least they have been helpful. I seen an Orthopedic in Jan 2013, he and the NP were talking what sounded like a foreign language with each other (kinda scary to me), he referred me to a neurologist...I have seen neurosurgeons before, but that was a few years ago. It seems my spondylitis has been kicking in this past year really bad, with lots of inflammation going on in my cervical & thoracic areas. The nerve bundles in my right neck, shoulder and I have a swollen knot in my under arm have been pinching on my nerves causing shoulder/shoulder blade, arm, jaw, temple, skull, ear, pain...numbness in the shoulder/arm/ hands. It's so frustrating trying to soothe one pain and yet another intensifies or a new one occurs. I am surrounded by ice packs, heating pads, 10 pillows :) I used to be so strong and going all the time...now a task like moving my laptop from my bed room to my living room seems huge, not to mention thinking about going grocery shopping....Urgh I am too young for all of this. Worst of all is not being able to care for my grandbabies like I'd like to. I have a new 2 month old baby grand-daughter. Back to neurologist...their was a 3 month waiting list and after being on my job for 20 years I lost my job in-part due to my health, therefore I have no insurance. Actually no nothing...no income at all. I filed for disability...
    Gary...I watched a lot of videos day before yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed them and found them very informative. I started doing neck and thoracic stretches that I think I learned here ;) that has helped a lot. About the SPAM, I seen that when I popped into the forums last night. That's pathetic of those peps! Well I'll catch ya on the flip side...MONA
    HLA-B27 positive with active conditions like: Ankylosing spondylitis, Cervical radiculopathy (cervical spondylosis), Chondrocalcinosis, fibromyalgia, Sjogren's, Reiter's syndrome, carpal tunnel, TMJ/TMD, IBS, Plantar fasciitis, etc....
  • I always worry that when a new member comes on and sees a bunch of spam they'll just go looking for a new site. Believe me there aren't any better sites on the web as far as i've seen, The people on the forums are just great! There is such a wealth of knowledge on this site, plus a great bunch of people that are willing to help in any way they can. I've studied before each of my surgeries to make sure I was heading the right way, plus always got at least 2 consults.

Our moderator at night is the best, but she's off galivanting somewhere (I'm jealous in case you couldn't tell). I'm looking forward to the day when I can travel again.

From your signature, it looks like you have your share going on, hope you've got a good doc and your pain is controlled well. I've got a complete shoulder replacement scheduled for Sept. 4, it seems like I've been waiting forever because of the cervical not fusing and having to have it redone.keep us informed and ask questions when you need to know something.
  • Wishing well on your shoulder replacement. I put it in my calendar & will be checking in on you!
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I have cervical radiculopathy that causes my throacic issues, I have little to no neck pain. I know what you're going through.

How I manage to keep going is a miracle. I'm well-medicated through pain management. I did have an examination by a spinal surgeon who said there is really no surgical option that would help me. I will probably be getting a 2nd opinion. Right now I am in no-fault insurance hell, but that runs out at $50K and I may be close to that.

I also feel better knowing that I am not alone and maybe help is out there.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.