Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd herniation in spine please help

Hi everyone,

18 months ago i had a microdisectomy in l4 after months of sciatic pain and confirmed bulge and when i went to sit up, stand up get out of bed, basically move forward they recognized it was crushing nerves and ligaments i think.

I had the op and really i felt better but never completely and started training again 4 months later, then i had a weak right foot and burning sensation i had a emg which showed very irritated nerves. I also had an mri which stunned me, now shows a herniation in my l5, my question is as surgery is only recommendation, can epidural injections work??? the weakness in foot and badly irritated nerves i have been told the injections will not cure this, i am only 31 please give me advice i want to train again but not weights just cardio, the pain is not as bad a spre op.

• Just remember that you have a herniated disc. If you get a shot you may feel great a couple days afterwards and be tempted to lift weights. I have had that experience, I was scheduled for a fusion and I had to wait three weeks for the surgery date. I was given an injection. I felt great, but I also caused more damage to my disc by lifting patients at work. Something I knew I shouldn't be doing. I was told after surgery that it had become tangled up in the nerves. I guess after sharing my experience, I just want to tell you to be careful.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.