Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Readings have me lost and confused

I always like to understand what is going on with me, minus the medical jargin, but this has me lost. I have had horrible pain in my shoulders and neck for almost a year. I see a Rheumatologist who thought I had Fibro, so she put me on muscle relaxers, pain medication, massages. chiropractic care, accupuncture and more. It never got any better. I finally had an MRI done and it showed c5-c6 had an osteocyte with encroachment on my thecal sac. It also said that the bone marrow was homogenous. I am just trying to figure out what will be done next. I have numbness in my face, hands, arms. I feel like I am choking all the time, cannot turn my neck all the way. Just kind of lost. i see a neurosurgeon in a week

• tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
    edited 07/09/2013 - 6:29 AM
    First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others with the same or similar conditions as yourself. After you got the MRI did you follow up with the doctor? What was his/her recommendations as what to do. Unfortunately we are not doctors here and don't interrupt MRI's. At the top of this page you can find a search bar, and place the key words in it, like thecal sac and so on. This will lead you to some doctor written and peer reviewed articles. Also you should view the video on the cervical spine and see how it works and the different parts of the spine. Another thing you can do is look at at a dermatone chart, which will show all the levels of the spine. See if your pain and numbness travels along the pathway of the c5-c6 which would be the C5 nerve level.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Look forward to reading more of your post and how you get along.