Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Over the counter

Any suggestions on the best over the counter meds for anti inflammatory that don't cause major damage to other body functions. Thanks

• Depending on if you take other medications would depend on what is best for you. For example based the medications I already take for chronic pain, Advil has been what the doctors suggested mix with what I have.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    edited 07/08/2013 - 4:01 PM
    both my doctor and my pharmacist regarding the better Over the Counter medications to address specific problems.
    They are the ones that can pinpoint what is good and what is not so good. Plus they have an advantage in knowing your medical situation so they can suggest items that would be best suited for you.

The reason I bring them into play is because for example> I recommend OTC Med1 to address your inflammation problem.
    Sure, that works fine, BUT IF you have a stomach issue, Gerd, Irritable Bowel, etc, then Med1 is going to create more problems for you, but Med2 will work for you....

Only those that know your situation should be the ones suggesting any type of medication or treatment.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks I will ask pharmacist today. Dr took me off all prescriptions, it's been a month since surgery, I feel still sometimes
  • Be sure to mention to your pharmacist or doctor if you have heart disease or some other form of heart ailment. NSAIDS are contraindicated with heart issues. That alone can knock a lot of good meds out of consideration for back pain relief.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2