Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve medication in pain managementl

How do u feel about the efficacy of nerve medication with pain med.?

• I have been placed on Gabapentin (like Lyrica, but my insurance would not cover it) and have been taking it for about 30 days now. This is both pre/post surgery for a L5-S1 Laminectomy and 360 Degree Foraminotomy. I will report back in two weeks, personally I think they offer some value.
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 07/11/2013 - 10:24 AM
    Im on Gabapentin post surgery and it helps a lot.
    Kathy B
  • Gabapentin is now the only script I'm on. I find it very beneficial for the pain I still have.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Lyrica worked good for me, except it did a number on my short term memory. I had to stop taking it because of that.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • My mom has had great results with Lyrica. I have been given Gralise which is a long acting version of gabapentin. My neuropathy is not yet bad enough that I want to be on these meds yet. I have heard significant weight gain is an issue and I have already gained 40 pounds from being inactive so I do not want to add any more weight. But the few episodes that I have had of neuropathy were not fun and if they continue I will probably need to take the med.