Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle/nerve damage & 2 hernated discs in neck

I have had this problem for awhile and been to 2 spine doctors.My problems is in more as I walk my head tends to wobble or jerk around.At one point it went away and now its came back even worse.I really don't have too much pain it just feels strange when I walk.Then later my lower back begins to hurt.I went to Patients 1st since I couldn't get in to see my doctor.Well the doc said I seem to be having this condition because it's pressing on your nerves.I have 2 hernated discs in my 3 & 4 (my neck) I made a appointment to see my doctor but nothing open till Monday.So for now I wait.This doctor did suggest to have surgery and I have talk to him about that already.He gave me some pain pills and sent me on my way.That's just a temporary fix.Anyone have any suggestions or advice they could give me?

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Look around in the neck forum and you will find many if not all posting in that section whom have had spinal fusion surgery. You can also look place in the search feature at the top of the page cervical spinal fusion or more commonly known as ACDF(anterior cervical disectomy and fusion) surgery, which will lead you to many doctor written and peer reviewed articles along with a animated video showing the procedure.If your issue is at c3-c4 you have one herniated disc. You would also be smart to look at the literature here explaining the spine. If your preparing to meet with a spinal surgeon, at the top of the page is a FAQ section, which you can find a link for 38 questions to ask a spinal surgeon. Also you can find a article preparing to meet with a spinal surgeon. You need to be prepared for you appointment as most surgeons don't have a lot of time. You might also want to take someone with you as two sets of ears are better than one.

If a doctor prescribed you some pain pills be sure to only take them how they are prescribed and inform all the doctors you see the medications you been prescribed. Also have your images with you, so they can see them. Hopefully you have had a mri done, if not I suspect any surgeon will want one. That gives them the best picture of the disc.

There are also conservative treatments they might try such as injections, physical therapy, medications, message therapy, and so on. Surgery is not the only choice and many get relief from the conservative treatment, but all depends on what your images show, and the clinical exam.

Once again welcome to spine-health. Look forward to reading more of your post and how you get along.