Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pinched cervical nerve and tinniuts

Has anyone got a pinched cervical nerve and tinnitus?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi myname,

I have occipital neuralgia (pinched nerve), which causes chronic headaches, 3 herniated C-discs, C-arthritis, a Type II fractured odontoid and tinnitus in both ears. Tinnitus is a symptom of vertebral artery compression which can be caused by neck trauma. I'm looking into that now. Surgery might happen soon for fracture.

Good Luck,

Train Wreck
  • Train wreck were did you hear that? My husband has tinnitus and no doctor has ever mentioned that. I find that interesting.
  • Train WreckTTrain Wreck Posts: 6
    edited 08/17/2013 - 8:52 AM
    Hi grammaof9,

Same here. No Dr. mentioned that to me either. I have occipital neuralgia due to a nonunion fractured odontoid. While doing research on this I read somewhere that occipital neuralgia can be caused by vertebral artery compression. So I started looking into that. It turns out that a compressed vertebral artery can cause mini-strokes even on an intermittent basis. I think I had a few of them over the years. It usually starts with severe stress which causes headaches, dizziness, and visual disturbances. The last one I had was also accompanied by speech problems.

Tinnitus is also a symptom:

You have to be your own Dr. to the extent possible.

Good luck,

Train Wreck
  • Just read thanks so much will look into it.
  • Did read and and husband went to ENT back in 03. From there was seen for yearly visit and had EKG witched showed abnormality. Had to see cardiologists - cardio did angiogram which showed mild cardiomyopathy but no abnonorties other then that. Of course that was big for me since I had brother die at age 21 in early 80's due to that. So his tinnitus was not from the article that I read but he almost wishes it was since his is so bad. On the good side had not been caught early his cardiomyopathy would have been much worse. But going to doc for ears started the whole reason while he went to try and do something. Oh by the way in having blood work done also found Hep C. How about that story. I seem to forget all this dealing with my own situation. And who do you think racks up more medical bills. Of course me and who would have imagined that 10 years later. I hope you have solved your ear problem and good luck to you.