Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back pain and hyper sensitive skin on legs.

Thanks for reading this. I am a little concerned and just wondered if anyone had a simikar story.

It all started in dec. I pulled my back at work and had an mri in feb. The scan said I had a central protrusion at l4/5 but no nerve impingement. Physio was the treatment.

After having this for months things got worse and I had extreme pain in both legs and hips and my back. Even though I was taking 8 tramadol a day the pain was unbearable.

I contacted my doc and told him my symptoms and he reffered me for another scan which I had yesterday.

I aslo have extreme sensitivity on my skin across my lower back and my right leg.....it feels like someone dragging razor blades over my skin with the slightest touch.

Anyway.....I had my scan and struggled to get on and off the bed. and the tech came out after and said your back is a mess I am putting this as urgent and ring your doc on monday.

Can a tech see damage and if so should he be telling me? Also was it because I struggled to get on the bed.
I am very worried now and any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

• Your scan can only be read by a doctor, a tech isn't even supposed to show or tell you about the scan because they don't have the training needed to read one. They see all the images before the doctor reads them, because they have to make sure the pictures are clear.

As for your skin feeling hypersensitive, my left leg feels like that. Every time I get home from running an errand my little dog jumps on me and it hurts so bad I just want to scream. The feeling is really hard to explain to people cause my leg is numb, but my skin hurts like hell.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • Thanks.

Yeah I thought so. So why say it.....maybe he feels sorry forrme haha.

I know what you mean its a very odd sensation, and difficult to explain. Im lucky as I dont have numbness, just the pain, but I use it as a guide to slow down.

I will let you know what is said on monday and I hope you get some relief. I find it better not to put thingsbi my pockets or wear a belt.

Kind regards.
  • The tech was very unprofessional. As far as your thigh, sounds like a nerve/nerves. I had lots of problems with this after some of my surgeries, and still do have some.... all nerve related. As explained to me, there are two types of nerves, some sense pressure and some sense.... I'm not sure what you'd call it, "lighter more topical" things. For example there are parts of my thighs that I can't feel if my husband gently touches it, but I can feel if it is pressed. I also have areas that are "super sensitive". Mine is improving, hopefully with treatment yours will too. Good luck!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Thanks.
    I thought it wasnt right...roll on monday now ive had a panic on.
    To be honesy Allmetal I was hoping it was not nerve but my body is telling me different stories. I am glad you got it under control. .I am a firefighter and fear my days as this are numbered now.
    Did you have a full recovery? Or do you have ongoing symptoms?
    I am afraid they have left it all too late now as the original accident occurred last december...since then I could write a long list of different symptoms at different times.
    I wish you all good for the future.

This discussion has been closed.