Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Made it to the otherside

Made it to the other side. Surgery could not of went better. My surgeon did the surgery endo-scopic and I have to say this was one of the easiest surgeries I have ever had. He decompressed the sciatic nerve and placed rods at l5-s1 along with fusion. I was in the hospital one day with the only problem being my blood pressure dropping too low which was caused from being dehydrated. I am home and resting comfortably. I can say all my sciatic pain is GONE. Things could not of went better and my surgeon even commented he wished all my patients were as easy as I was. Thanks for all the wll wishes and now it is just healing time from here on out.

• KarenDKKarenD Posts: 742
    edited 07/17/2013 - 3:57 PM

It's wonderful that things went so well.I wouldn't have guessed you could do endoscopic with rods. Also, to have the sciatic pain GONE - that's great. Make sure you don't "over do" and risk damage. I hope things continue to go so well.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • That's great news! I wish you a smooth and speedy recovery!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Susan, that is WONDERFUL!!! Just remember to take it easy and rest and not over do anything. Don't think about anything, don't stress, just concentrate on healing, we can worry about all that other stuff later. I am so happy for you!
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    My first reaction was how? I hve 3 small incisions, ome mid back an 2 lower back, No stiches.I can take a shower after 2 days and am totally amazed at how well I feel. I take 2 vicodin 750 every 8 hrs and robaxin as needed. I am taking lower amount of drugs then prior to surgery, I am amazed at how easy thi surgery was. I am walking about a mile twice a day. Don't get me wrong I am sore but this is not at all what I expected. I asked to go home the same day as surgery but my blood pressure was too low so they did nit dismiss me until 9 am the next morning, ,matter of fact I am taking zanax to keep me from doing too much. thanks for all the replies and my suggestion to everyone is request endo if possible. I have 2 rods at l5 ans s1. it is amazing what then can do
  • Congrats on a success story. I'm seven months out from my 1-lvl lumbar fusion and am just now feeling fairly normal. Still good and bad days, but getting better.

I hope that my next surgery will be less invasive - doc doesn't think so, but with the strides they're making, maybe, just maybe...

Good for you. Nice to hear you're doing so well. Like was said, though, be sure to take it easy - it was still surgery after all and spine surgery at that. Keep rockin'!
  • Thank God ,finally a good result from surgery,!
    Congratulations and happy healing
  • And now as my dearly departed mother used to say BEHAVE YOURSELF!
  • In my opinion fusion should be banned. Now when we have ADRs this kind of procedure seems to be of medieval times.
  • Glad to hear you're doing well! I am almost 3 months out of my L5/S1 fusion and decompression and have 2 small incisions in my back- both are about 3cm long. I was in the hospital for 3 days total and out of work for 8 weeks... otherwise, I am doing GREAT considering I had a fusion! :) I am 26 years old and my doctor was very confident that this would be the solution!
    Olivia Douglass
    MIS TLIF L5/S1 on 5/1/13
This discussion has been closed.