Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had my Disability hearing yesterday and it all went well. I will have an answer next month and to be honest I have mixed feelings. I feel I have it but it makes me feel like I lost the war if that makes sense. Yea I need the money,more importantly I need the insurance and I shouldn't feel guilty because I paid into it but yet it bothers me. Anyone else been there?

• I don't want to upset anyone but from what I have noticed is as soon as the disability is approved there is a loss of self respect and identity. My father turned to alcohol and it was only after he lost just about everything and everyone important did he sober up. A friend went into a deep depressing funk (for lack of a better phrase) and lived on the couch for over a year. He took no interest in family or friends, let his house go, wouldn't let anyone go see him and wouldn't even go see his parents. Finally he is getting help and has been in intensive counseling for months.
    From what I have observed the loss of identity that comes with no longer being able to work, and the new identity of being disabled can consume some people.
    Keep as active as you can, have hobby, visit with friends, family, volunteer, just stay engaged with life, as much as your pain will allow. Best of luck to you.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • Thank you. I re read my post and didn't type it well but you have a very good point or points. I always have to stay active or better yet we all do. I do have friends today that will hunt me down if I disappear or hide at home.
  • I have applied, been denied twice and have been waiting for a hearing in FL for close to 3 yrs now. I have no health Insurance and have not been able to work for over 5 yrs now. I was diagnosed with Spina Bifida with a tethered cord at the age of 40. Ive had detetethering surgery, lamenactomy, about 3 years ago.not even a yr later i was having to go in for pain managemant procedures every other month.ive also developed greater trochanteric bursitis from the SB. long story short this past year all symptoms returned times 10, the pain is so excruciating I cant take it any longer..my last 2 MRIs are saying that ive retethered :( im scheduled for a mylogram next week...does ANYONE know why it would take this long to get ANY HELP?? how could I possibly even have gotten turned down. Everthing im going thru is well documented and I have an attorney representing me..I NEED HELP, medicine, dr bills..i cant afford what i need. Iworked 3 jobs for over 20 yrs.Ive paid into the system. NOW IM DESPERATE and i cant even get a hearing after 3 yrs??? PLEASE any advice for getting SSD is appreciated.thank u
  • What does your attorney say? Three years for a hearing sounds wrong. I had to wait about 10 months. You can also contact SSA yourself to find out what the status of your claim is.

As to being denied...my guess would be that since there is a surgery to fix the problem it is not considered to be permanent. You need to gather all of the records from these treatments to show that this is a recurring problem.
  • Hope I rejoice when I get mine....