Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bent Fingers C/8

Hi everyone I really need some advice, I got up on Tuesday morning with just my little finger on both hands bent down woods, strange then on the next morning the next two finger on each hand the same and no movement. I went to my doctor who sent me with a letter to the AE. We have a heat wave at the moment in England so it was packed like never before , but I was seen by a member of the AE team who wanted me to be seen by Neuro. So I go back out and sit in AE , the consultant sends a message down for me to wait he would be 2 hours. By this time I have already bean their 6hour after being seen and going through some tests thats fine I understand, I wait another 3 hours to get another message of the consultant I can wait or I can come back to his clinci in the morning. I diside to go home I have not eaten all day my pain at a 7 , I am on a hard chair for the last 6 or 7 hour I only had a unit for a hour while they did test which I understand. Anyway I get home put my feet up I am really sad by now my fingers are all bent up the AE team thinks its comming from C/8 but the can't say untill neuro see me and MIR scan . the at 930 at night i get a phone call from the neuro consultant asking me how things are with me and sorry how I treated he had kept me waiting all day, how he would me in tommrow. That was Wednesday and I still herd nothing what should I do he telling on the phone how I need a MIR state away my fingers are still all bent in I am scared should I go back to the AE . I already had 3 surgery C/3 to C/7 fusion compermise at L/4 L5 S1 and a mild thoracic scoliosis.
advertisement

Comments

• jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,372
    edited 07/23/2013 - 4:43 AM

Have you now seen this neurologist?
    If not perhaps you should phone in case they have either forgotten you or are expecting you to go back to A&E.
    Do you know this consultants name? You could phone and ask for his secretary and leave a message with her.

I hope that you will get seen soon and that they will be able to tell you what is going on.
  • tina coylettina coyle Posts: 125
    edited 07/23/2013 - 6:18 PM
    Thanks I went back to my GP yesterday and told her what happened, She got on to the phone to the neurologist who I am under who has done my last 3 opps. Then she rang me later and told me the neurologist who had contacted me by phone from the AE that night had contacted my consultant the next day and I am on the list for the MIR but it could take up to another 5days unless things get any worse to go strate back up . I did think they forgotton me or maybe I was ment to go back but thankfully I got it right this time.