Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New From Orlando FL

RosethecopycatRRosethecopycat Posts: 2
edited 07/24/2013 - 1:56 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello,

I'm a 52 yo female who has neck pain in med records as far back as 2001.
I have a DX of Rheumatoid Arthritis since that time. I have various unexplained episodes of ACUTE pain in my limbs that last for 26-48 hrs but reach 8-10 on the Pain Scale (yes, I have fallen unconscious)

Neck pain seems to be independent and unrelentlngly constant. It's my major complaint.

My neck pain began as a 'nuisance' low level of pain. In about 2005-6 I started seeking relief. MRI's, X rays at that time never showed anything. Normal.
I tried PT, traction, chiro, 14 different RA drugs, steroids, epidurals (to the neck area), acupuncture, ice packs.

I lost my insurance (when my husband left me) in 2010 and went without treatment for RA or my neck up till this year. I was uninsurable due to pre-existing RA.

My neck pain has gone from 'nuisance' level to life altering.
I have crepitus (constant painful cracking- up to 1000's times a day-literally) limited range of motion.

This year, upon obtaining the PCIP plan, (which I just lost my rheumatologist) I saw a PM Dr. My MRI shows: annular tear in a disc, arthritis C4-6, cysts and a hemangioma.

I have had the facet injections (with 9 days of great relief- 2 weeks of mod. relief, 7 weeks out-back to square 1)
And I just had the medial branch nerve blocks with hopes of having RF in the near future.

I am currently on NO pain meds, or meds of any kind. My pain range is 4-6 on a daily basis.

Some of my issues are emotional, coping with this pain. I am completely alone. I mean no family whatsoever. (well, 2 cousins and an elderly aunt 1000 mies away).
I have no support system at all. I must work to eat. I must do all the labor (lawns, etc.) to maintain my home. No social life-as I have no money left over for enjoyment. (and my neck pain prevents me from doing things, such as going to movies)
I am at the edge of sanity and depression.

Any words of encouragement are appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Rosethecopycat

"I live in pain. Meaning on good days it's merely intolerable, on bad ones it'll suck the lifeforce right out of you." - Dr. Gregory House, TV series

Rosethecopycat
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    edited 07/24/2013 - 7:32 PM
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

dilauro

tamtam

Liz

Sandi

Jellyhall

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • It is heartbreaking to hear about your plight. I am really glad you are able to resume treatment.
    Have your doctors suggested surgery?
    I have been pretty confined, as well, although I have only recently began to deal with this.
    I am opting to try to get surgery ASAP as I have read so many stories of people opting not to have surgery and living in pain for years only to eventually have to get surgery anyway.
    I have also seen people who get surgery and then have issues from that.
    This is a very depressing situation. I understand that.
    Just try to reach out as much as possible, maybe there is a local support group you could go to. I hear hospitals have them for pain and other conditions (support groups).
    Please keep us updated and your progress and try to take one day at a time.

S