Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Useful products that you have tried or want to try

PamhoffcaPPamhoffca Posts: 163
So I'm faced with eventually returning to work which involves sitting a lot. With siatica, that happens to be the position that triggers the leg numbness and pain the most. I saw this seat cushion on Pintrest and thought it looked promising. Has pretty good reviews too. xxxxxxxxxx Anyone tried sometng like this?
Also, any other products or gadgets that help, chime in.

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team

CA Wife and Mom, 55, L5-S1 Microdiscectomy on 7/12/13

• i tried the magnilife pill, did not really see much difference. i also tried taking magnesium pills as reffered by some other members, did not notice much difference with that either. but it was all worth trying for me.
  • I also have a job where I have to sit all day behind a computer. I purchased a zero gravity recliner to keep in the corner of my office and when my back is really acting up I go sit in zero gravity chair for 15 minutes and ice my back. I even reconfigured my office so that I can work from my zero gravity chair with a phone right next to me and a laptop. I have tried several seat cushions and also purchased a special ergonomic desk chair, but none of those seem to work as much as simply resting and icing my back. I try to stand up as much as possible at work perhaps walking into a colleague's office to discuss something with them rather than emailing them. This seems to give my back little breaks throughout the day. Also try stretching throughout the day. Even small stretches can help. Best of luck. You are not alone. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Oh if I could only do that!!! Trouble is that I'm an auditor....I travel to the clients location and sit where they have a spare space. Sometimes in conference rooms in 40 60year old chairs, sometimes in a spare office where all the broken office chairs go to pasture, I've even done an audit in a garage on a little side table sitting on a metal folding chair. So for me....bringing my own seat makes sense. I can certainly get up and walk around to relax my back and leg tho.
    CA Wife and Mom, 55, L5-S1 Microdiscectomy on 7/12/13