Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

popping where my L4 L5 S1 fusion is. its annoying and hurts.

I had a Lumbar Fusion of my L4 5L5 and S1. Here laty for the past couple of weeks where my rods and screws are, my back constantly starting popping. I went to ER, scared something was wrong,, they shot me up and sent me home. The popping is annoying and hurts and its all the time. Please help, I don't want another surgery. Thank you, Laura Kissic
Laura K
advertisement

Comments

• lkissicllkissic Posts: 5
    edited 07/27/2013 - 6:55 PM
    When I had my surgery was MAY OF 2007
    Laura K
  • I had some crazy popping a few months after my major surgeries... to the point I got funny looks in public.... very auditory. The surgeon said that could be common as all the muscles/ligaments,etc were adjusting around all the hard ware... and after a month it went completely away.... I'd be more concerned because yours was years ago. I assume the ER did take x-rays and all the hardware was in place? Have you called your original surgeon's office? I'd start there.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • lkissicllkissic Posts: 5
    edited 07/28/2013 - 5:35 AM
    They didn't really tell me anything at the ER. They did do xrays tho. I have a doctors appointment with my General Practioner tmr morning. My surgeon is kinda far away from me, so I have to wait for my disability check to come before I can go. An orthopedic doc did my surgery but they don't want me to go to him,, they want me to see a neurosurgeon now. I am so afraid. The popping is all the time. All I have to do is is barely move and it pops. It also hurts. Thank you. And the popping is constant...
    Laura K
  • Well glad you are going to see the GP tomorrow...hopefully he/she can shed some light on the situation. I think checking in with the neurosurgeon is a good idea. Always good to get fresh eyes on something.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • FINDINGS: there are pedicle screws at L4-L5 and L5-S1 with bone plugs in the disc spaces. There is is severe degenerative changes at L3 L4 with slight retrolosthesis, and moderate degenerative change at L1-L2 and L2 and L3. There is minimal levoscoliosis. So in other words......times to see my doctor, surgeon... ugh! Scared to death!
    Laura K
  • Laura I am really hoping that you can shed some light on the popping in your back. Have you seen the surgeon yet? I have been having popping in my back where my fusion took place sometimes painful and other times just scary. Now I am having pains like something is stabbing me from the inside and it is really starting to concern me. I had two fusions, the first one in 2011 and the second one in 2012. The second one was due to no bone growth following the first and the hardware was kind of just loose in there. I don't want to go back to surgeon but am beginning to think there is no alternative. Please let me know what your results are. And the best of luck to you.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.