Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opinions on Mobic (Meloxicam)??

Hi all. I have SI joint dysfunction for 30+ yrs. I'm a F, 37yrs, 5'6", 120 pounds, and athletic. SI joint was confirmed with injection. Also many tests done to find cause with no success. Although the shot was a wonderful 3 weeks, as soon as it wore off the pain was back to the beginning. So this also confirmed constant inflammation of the joint. No inflammation issues in other areas of back or body.

So now doc tried me on Mobic (Meloxicam). I'm on the maximum dose of 15 mg/day. I've been on it now a week and I'm still feeling pain, but it seems it may be lessening and becoming more spurts of pain rather than constant. I'm supposed to allow 2 weeks before knowing if the med is working. So, it seems it may be since it's only been a week and I'm starting to notice some difference.

Has anyone been on this medication? What were your results if so?? I have concerns since this medication is has some very bad side effects if used long term. If this med works, I know my doc will probably try to lower the dose or possibly even wean me off...but this is something well into the future and not known if it will be possible without the pain returning.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated?? Thank you so much!!

• I take this occasionally, but stopped regular doses due to overwhelmingly negative views on long term use of NSAIDS.
    Said that they actually damage the joint, over time.
    Bear in mind that if you take them then you are part of the long term trial, as they are not fully tested long-term yet.
    There has been a variety of these drugs on the market, and one by one they have been found to have bad side effects, some quite serious.
    Caution is advised.
  • This drug did nothing for me. I have tried all the nsaids and still I am in constant pain feet, knees, hips, elbows, neck and lumbar. This is from ddd and djd. My Doctor does not understand the pain. I take gabapentin, Tramadol, cyclobenzaprine and suppose to take Celebrex but, why?? It does nothing. I will be going to pain management soon. I hope I can take this a little longer. Trying not to get discouraged..
  • I see that you are on gabapentin. You may want to try a more recent, similar drug called Lyrica. I have been on it for a month and have noticed a marked reduction in overall pain.
    I take 75mg twice a day, and have not noticed any side effects.
    My tramadol use, which I was limiting to 150mg a day as I didn't want to become dependent on it again, has dropped to 50mg a day, and often none at all, and all I need is just my slow release paracetamol.
    Seems that it stops the nerves from transmitting pain signals to the brain.
    if you are sensitive to drugs in general it may not be for you, but if, like me, you have a high tolerance it may do the trick.
    Also, consider removing foods in the nightshade family from your diet for 6 weeks and see if that helps.
    Tomatoes, potatoes, capsicum are the main ones. They are thought to cause inflammation of the joints.
    I also take magnesium chloride, and this alone was a major step forward in my pain management.
    Fixed up my sore muscles in a week or so.