Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI fusion screws rubbing spinal fusion?

Wondering if anyone can help had a left SI fusion in July 12 followed by l4/5 l5/s1 fusion with disk replacement in nov 12.

I still have problem with sitting for any length of time, on my left side between spine and buttock i have a permanent burning sensation which gets worse throughout the day. I also have pain across my lower back, i have started to have a snapping/clunking feeling at my si joint? Surgeon has said the si joint screw and bottom fusion screw are rubbing as I walk and will now need L5/s1 screw removing, he has also said I may need right SI fusing. When will this end
How can the bolts suddenly start touching
Has anyone had this

• My situation is similar. Same spine fuses. When My SI fusion Dr. Saw xrays of it he said it was a concern, that he would look into.

I had the SIfusion two days ago. I dont know how he rectifyied that. There was a ifuse rep in the OR to watch him and give advise.

Ironically My Doc said that BCBS insurance will not deny the SI fusion if S 1 has been involved in spinal fuse. My approval was instant

Anyway, of course I hope that is a quick fix athough the SI fusion isnt easy. Best Wishes