Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Vibration/condition on arms, hands, fingers (caused by Cervical Spine?)

Hello all,

I wanted to inform you with this condition that I have. I've been researching all over the internet but could not find an answer. I wanted to ask any of you who has had similar experiences such as these before my visit to a third physician, because I have consulted two different physicians before and they were not able to resolve the issue that I am having...

The symptoms include: numbness and tingly sensations on both of my arms, hands and fingers. It starts from right below my neck (around shoulder area/chest area) and there is a vibrating sensation all over arms, hands, and to my fingers. There is NO pain, just feels tingly and numb. When I am lying down, I have NO trouble sleeping, there is no discomfort or unusual patterns in my body. The only thing is that when I lower my neck, the vibrating begins -- and lasts for about 5-7 seconds then goes away; this vibration stops when I am standing straight -- but vibration begins when I lower my head.

I visited a doctor 10 days ago for a check-up and he informed that there is no signs of serious problem after checking my pulse, blood pressure, heart rate, etc. He simply prescribed me to a medicine to take 2 times a day -- which have not been helping at all having been taking the medicine for over a week. He said the only explanation is that there is a damage in the spinal cord which the blood is not flowing but after doing a couple of movement tests -- he did not think there is any possibility. Moreover, I have received acupuncture from another doctor and he informed that I am just simply not getting enough circulation in my body.

Another concern I have is that about 3 months ago -- I had an external blow to my chin and I fell backwards and lightly banged my head on the ground (mild whiplash) while playing football. I did not have a concussion but I felt dizzy and I threw up the next morning. But the pain on the jaw and neck went away after a week and I visited a doctor right away from that incident in which there was no structural damage anywhere. Could there be any linkage for this tingly sensation on upper area of my body due to the sports injury?

If anyone has had this experience/symptoms before -- please share!

Thank you very much for reading my post. I apologize if it does not belong here!

• I had tingling and numbness in left arm for the last year. Well the last 10 days, I've had this associate with pain along my entire left arm, shoulder, and left side of my back. Visited a chiro today and was told this is caused by pinched nerves (C5-C7) due to a reversed cervical.
  • Thank you for sharing; so what did your chiropractor recommend for treatment? Is a reversed cervical a severe condition?
  • Shardiman23SShardiman23 Posts: 1
    edited 01/09/2015 - 5:21 AM
    I have the exact same symptoms you mentioned. Feels like a vibration in my chest, but it's rather faint. There's no pain at all, it almost feels like a slight resistance, however nothing is keeping me from any normal functions. Also, I feel like I'm able to re-create it when I lower my head -basically when I compress my chest. It feels like it goes through my pectoral area and down to my fingers. In my arms and fingers it vaguely resembles the feeling when a limb starts to fall asleep. But again, it's so vague that it only lasts a few seconds and none of it inhibits me from activities or using my hands. I too had a head injury just over 3 months ago -I was hit by a car and I hit the back of my head on the pavement. I had a physical yesterday, i told my doctor about it but she didn't seem worried.

I know you haven't posted on here in quite some time but I hope u see this, because I'd like to know how this has progressed for you. Hope all is well!