Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Diane Feinstein-read her letter to me and my comments below it

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 08/02/2013 - 12:12 PM in Chronic Pain
Mr. Jon Jorgenson
edited my address
Dear Mr. Jorgenson:

Thank you for contacting me to share your experience with chronic pain and express your support for a day recognizing chronic pain sufferers. I value your opinion on this matter and apologize for the delay in my response.

First, please allow me to extend my sympathy to you on your long history with chronic pain. I applaud your dedication to teaching and to raising awareness of chronic pain. I recognize that chronic pain can be debilitating for the millions of Americans suffering from it, and I appreciate you sharing your personal story with me.

I understand you would like for Congress to recognize chronic pain victims by dedicating a day to raising awareness of chronic pain. Although no bill to raise awareness of chronic pain is currently pending consideration in Congress, it may interested you to know that the California State Legislature passed Senate Concurrent Resolution 18 on July 1, 2013. This resolution was introduced by State Senator Carol Liu and recognizes Americans suffering from chronic pain and dedicates September 2013 as Pain Awareness Month.

Please know that I have made note of your views and will be sure to keep your story in mind as I continue to review health-related legislation in the United States Senate.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have additional questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

I don't know if some of you remember a post i started about contacting our senators or whoever to review chronic pain issues. well i received this letter, above from diane feinstein my senator in california. please read and see what she said about chronic pain issues and congress
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• MrJNTMMrJNT Posts: 9
    edited 08/02/2013 - 7:33 PM
    That is pretty awesome they responded!(Though my cynical-EDITED FOR LANGUAGE- please read the forum rules regarding the use of inappropriate language) side bets it was just an aide...but still!)

Makes me want to try sending a letter to my state's senators and reps.

Would be nice if a day comes with CPs are treated with respect and separated from drug seekers...
    Je t'adore
  • This is amazing that you got a response like this! Makes all the effort put into to writting in the first place well worth while. More of us should be putting our pens where our mouths are and following suite along with you!
  • Congratulations on the letter! Even better is that she appears to "get it" unlike some of the others who have been elected . I 've had similar luck with some of the senators that I have spoken with and written to, so I encourage anyone who feels strongly about their rights as chronic pain patients to write to their legislature and senators to let them know how you feel. We put the links to all states on the thread you started some time ago about it.
  • i am surprised that california has a chronic pain month, the problem is that it is never in news so people are not aware of it. if it was shown on tv then people would know about it. stuff like this needs to be advertised locally and nationally in the news
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.