Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck surgery success

tacieaudrattacieaudra Posts: 2
edited 08/02/2013 - 4:34 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
August 1, 2013: I recently had neck surgery x 1 week ago. I had a pinched nerve that kept me up daily with severe arm pain. My DR said I needed ACDF . The pain left after I was done surgery. Now my shoulders are becoming more sore after the surgery but NOTHING beats the NERVE pain. I have read many of your stories. My advise, get a MRI w/dye as it shows it all. Do not let the DR intimidate you and understand what is going to happen to you. Understand the outcome and options. I elected to have the surgery as I had no other choices. ... I stayed over night at the hospital because I choose to. I wanted to insure I was not going to wake up in severe pain. And no one to call. Now my only concern is my Dr did not put me in a collar after I left the hospital. I hope I do Not have to pay for that later down the road. I go back to the DR. in 4 weeks after getting an xray. My dics were fused C4-6 and two plates added. Good luck to anyone. Do your own homework. This surgery is serious and can cause additional problems.

• Hi
    i had cervical fusion C5/6 with cadavar bone and cage with screws
    I left the hospital with no collar also and never needed one
    But i did have horrible muscle spasms at the base of my neck and both shoulders
    i bought "the stick" its like a white plastic rolling pin for muscle spasms and it helped alot
    Hang in there, these spasms can last for a few minths, but DO GO AWAY
    Now, two years post-op, no spasms, but do occasionally have some pain turning my head to the left or right
    I have had many orthopaedic surgeries since age 9 and my neck surgery was one of the EASIEST.
    just get through those first few months of muscle spasms and you will be great