Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck fusion not healing

bparrishbbparrish Posts: 2
edited 08/03/2013 - 4:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello.In 2012 I gotten hurt on the job,I was lifting up a counter top at one end to put it on a cart to be stained,after that i felt my left arm hurting.That night and the next day my left arm and hands and fingers were very much swelling.I told my supervisor.Anyway,they done a report and sent me to a prime care doctor.For,one month I kept going to this doctor because the pain was still there and in my neck.One Doctor finally sent me to an Orthopedic doctor,he done an ex-ray,but couldn't see anything,Had an MRI done,one day later his nurse called me to say that I had a pinched nerve and that my C/4C/5 was bulging.Went to see a neurosurgeon. xxxxx said that I need surgery to fix it.So,on Dec.7.2012 I had a neck infusion with a cadaver bone.I have been hurting alot and the doctor told me that my infusion is not healing,I told xxxx that I am having pain on my left arm now.He order a ex-ray and another MRI.I have had my surgery done 7 month ago.So,here is where I am at now.Had an appointment on July 16,2013.Since I am under workers comp they assigned a nurse for me so she goes to every doctor visit. So the doctor calls me 20 minutes before my appointment and talks to me over the phone I had to put that nurse on my cell phone so she could hear what he said.xxxx told me that my infusion is not healing and that I have another bugling disk under and it is on my right nerve.And the reason on my left arm still hurting and can't lay my head down without still hurting.So,he wants to try shots in my neck.The nurse didn't understand and was upset that he should have told me at my appointment and not over the phone.So,she talked to my workers comp case manger they went and gotten a different doctor,i had to go see.I went on Friday Aug,1,2013.The doctor looked at the mri and ex-ray and said that he does'nt see where it is not healing up and no other bulging disk.He thinks that xxxx just only read the report and not seen the disk.But,he still can't understand why I am still having problems. My left arm still hurts me more than my right.I am having these electric picky feelings on the left side on my face and neck and it goes down my arm and fingers.But,yet he said that he can't really give me an answer yet.This doctor asked the nurse,So,what do you want me to do?She said,"We want you to take over her case now.So he has order a ct scan because you can see it all better and a nerve studied.The nurse asked about working,so he has put me back at work but no lifting over 10lbs no bending pushing,pulling no twisting.My job is all that and more.Now mind you have to drive over 30 miles to see this doctor now than I was driving 8miles to my other doctor. So,I don't know what to think about all this am so confused.Could someone help me out and give me some advice.I have called a lawyer.

Post edited to remove specific doctor's name. Please read the Forum rules

Brenda Parrish

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • bparrishbbparrish Posts: 2
    edited 09/04/2013 - 4:17 AM
    Hi post about my neck not fusion,well that is what the doctor told that done my surgery on c4-c5.And the MRI says that i have a small disc herniated on c3-c4 but not touching the cord.On C5-C6 it is a disc herniation on the right and it is mildly flatten the cord.The doctor wanted to do a shot first,my nurse wc wanted a second opinion gotten one.Like I put in my early post that new doctor said he didn't see anything had me do a CT Scan and an emg.Well went back on Aug 31 2013,he looks at the scans and told me and my daughter that the fusion is not healing up.He looked at the emg report .that report says that I am having pain on the left side because of C5.Then he looks at the report of the CT Scan and I seen it and it says that I have a small herniated disc above and below the fusion.All three reports are saying about the same thing.He doesn't know why i am having pain in my right arm and why I was hurting so bad couple of weeks ago that I wanted to go to the hospital. So,when the workers comp nurse came into the room the doctor told her that my fusion is healed and that I will just need Pt.And that the reason my left arm still hurts is from the surgery.My questions are.1.Why would both doctor's tell me different?2.Why would the MRi and CT Scan images show the same thing and the emg report say's abnormal report Those electrodiagnostic findings are consistent with chronic/subacute in left C5 radiculopathy.I hadthe mri and ct scan reports done at the same place..3.Can you blow the disc out more by doing PT?Has anyone been through something like this?Even been on Wc?I am still out of work can't lift over 10lbs no bending ,no pulling and my job is all that and more.Really need some advice.
    Brenda Parrish