Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should I still be this tired from having surgery on 7/24? No energy....none. Had a ACDF on 2 levels.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 08/05/2013 - 11:09 AM
    Recovery from spine surgery is unlike the recovery of other types of surgery, It has only been less than two weeks since yours, so yes, it is quite normal not to feel much in the way of energy or stamina at this point. I'm sure that your surgeon told you to listen to your body, and right now, it sounds like it is saying that you need to rest a bit. As more time passes, you should start to build up your strength and endurance again but don't rush too fast.
  • to feel human again after my last spine surgery. don't be surprised if you still feel really run down for a while, i know even 2 months out, i had no energy. it got better, but very slowly. I think my energy level was better more quickly after my cervical fusion, lumbar took longer.
    Microdisectomy / hemi-laminectomy 6/2010 and revision 10/2010
    Cervical fusion C4-5 and C5-6 9/2011
    Lumbar Fusion L5-S1 6/2012
  • jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 08/05/2013 - 12:06 PM

... with Sandi and tran92 and suffered myself after both my spinal surgeries with extreme tiredness. Like tran92, I also got my energy levels back sooner with my cervical fusion where I took longer after my lumbar fusion.

Good luck Traci and wishing you a good recovery that will lead to a successful outcome that will enable you to get back to enjoying life.