Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery Tomorrow 8/8/13

Hello I will be having a Posterior Cervical Fusion on c4-c7 do to a pervious ACDF c4-c7 that failed do to the use of off lable products that were used. I just wanted to let the August surgery buddies I wish them all well and to the one's who have already had surgery welcome to the other side. I will be in the hospital for at least 6 days and will not have access to e-mail. I will upate when I arrive back home. Right now I am very nervous, and also have been in agonizing pain do to the micro-motion that has been going on for over 3 years. I tried to reach out to my Surgeon who did my ADCF in May of 2010, however I have had no success with this, I have found a Dr. who does revisions and I will stay with him as he has promised to follow me and see me through this surgery.

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 10/20/2013 - 12:38 PM
    I just wanted to wish you the best recovery possible.

• Never even asked my surgeon what materials. Susabell I wish you the best and hope you get much needed pain relief. I 'm 6 weeks in to my c3 to c7 posterior with hard collar. I shall keep fingers crossed since Susabell and myself used same surgeon that gave her the off label. She is in good hands now top 5th ortho in the country. Hopefully I was able to say.
  • Seems that doctor's who used surgical instruments/medications/substances that cause negative outcomes should be held accountable. Unfortunately in the US, you must have money to sue for wrongdoing. Most attorney's wont touch a case that will cost a lot without money up front and a contract where they come out richer.

Keep your head up! Lord knows it's easy to get down between the combination of pain and medication. Hopefully the doctor you found will be able to fix the damage done by the last guy and you will be able to reduce your medication load. As tough as it is, keep thinking positively. Don't let it get you down!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• I have only just seen this post but I knew about your surgery and have been thinking of you and praying for you every day.

Now you are on the other side of surgery and I know that these first days are tough.
    It will get easier and hopefully this time you will fuse and the end result will be so much better and your pain will be gone.
    Do all that you can to heal and recover from this. Right now that will just involve obeying the rules and getting lots of rest.

Looking forward to hearing from you when you are up to it. :-)
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 10/20/2013 - 12:39 PM
    Glad to hear your doing better.