Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh how things have changed

I wish there was some rime and reason to when, how and why I am getting my flares... I can have a good day and 2 hours later Im in bed in pain. Or days of intense pain, and then the next morning I feel almost normal.
How is it for you?
Ive lived with this for over 5 years and I still havent figured out a pattern. Sure, I know what I can and cannot do and what will most likely set me off big time. But still, I can be fine and the next day wake up with killer pain.
And people ask me: what did you do?
The nerve pain is intense, unpredictable and it wears me out!

Im trying to learn acceptance. To accept and embrace it, it it what it is.
Somedays this is easier said that done. You have plans, you make promises. Then out the door with that and apologiez for what you can not do. How many times have I not cancelled and changed plans? Only a few steady friends will stay and understand. Its not me - I want to see you! Its my disease.
Cause: car accident & genetics
Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
Moving Forward: SCS

• Hello there it's just like I'm reading about myself here I've had the exactly same thing Buford a year and a half but not sure what mine is yet I was told in the beginning it was sciatica that was from a doctor at hospital and ostiopath and only had an xray which was told was spondylosis but ivnot had mri or anything but got an appointment to see orthopedic September so I'm sure I will get the help I need but I live every day the same as you explained and mostly laying down in bed with a heat pad on my lower back till it eases then I can get up and do things for a while , have you had a diagnoses is yours lower back , wish you well .
  • I also see myself in your post. I am keeping a detailed journal of what I do..times of day etc. very specific. I then found a connection to hot baths one night causing me hell the next day. I now bath in the morning or early afternoon..showering too. Makes a difference for me! Still trying to find more pieces to the puzzle. Good luck!
  • That's what I do lay in a hot bath and I started to have them in the mornings as well what a coincedence ! It's the only time I get relief really , but yes make a note of everything that's what I do I've got a long list I'm taking with me to my appointment with orthopedic because I won't remember it all after all th7s time and it's so hard to describe all the different pains and feelings I get even my skin hurts sometimes it's like I'm being stung by about 50 bee's strange but I will come back and let you know the out come my appointment is 17th September .wish you well x