Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to Use Meditation to Improve Your Health

stellamandy96stellamandy96 Posts: 3
edited 08/18/2013 - 12:47 PM in Depression and Coping
Nowadays everyone’s lives are so busy that one is surrounded with so much of tension and stress. In everyday lives, our brains are often filled with so many thoughts that will cause physical reaction on the body. Meditation is easy way to get started and it can really improve your health.

Moreover, Meditation is the practice of quieting the mind and easing the body into a calm and relaxed state. The stress is the number one reason and it can cause everything from headaches to stomach disorders to heart attacks. So by the practice of meditation can help you to calm and center the mind so muscles relax, digestion eases and blood pressure lowers naturally. Also here are few easy ways to get started to meditation.

1) Find a quiet room where you will not be disturbed.
2) Turn the lights down low, sit in a comfortable chair with your hands on your lap, palms facing upward.
3) Close your eyes and take several slow deep breaths.
4) Then, allow your breathing to slow and focus only on the feeling of the air flowing in and out of your nostrils.
5) It is normal for your attention to wander quite a bit. When it does, just bring it gently back to your breathing.

Moreover, there are so many types of meditations to control your stress.

Post edited to remove link. Please review the forum rules prior to posting outside links.

• PennyPPenny Posts: 162
    edited 09/05/2013 - 3:21 AM
    I have used youtube to find guided meditation. I haven't been meditating and it is time to get back to it.

4 level ACDF completed on January 3rd.
    I developed an infection which required reopening the wound on January17th
    Looking forward to life without as much pain!
  • There are several ways to improve our health but meditation is the perfect solution till date that people are used to prefer meditation; meditation is the best solution for improving health especially yoga and other types of meditation programs are quite beneficial to deal with stress and depression problems.
  • There are several really good pain meditation tracks or CDs on iTunes. I really like John Kabot-Zinn's cd (he's a US expert on mindfulness) as a tool to look at pain differently. For a quick meditation, especially if my pain is really bad, I listen to single track pain guided meditations.
  • varoom2004vvaroom2004 Posts: 11
    edited 10/05/2013 - 9:45 AM
    I love to do grateful meditations. It doesn't quiet my mind entirely, however it does help me to relax and focus on one thing at a time. I like to list everything I'm grateful for and when I run out of things I'll start reminding myself that I'm grateful for a toothbrush, clean running water, a warm bed ect...I practice all kinds of meditation and it really has improved the quality of my life.
    ~*Let all that you do be done in love*~